Contribute
Register

tjodolv's Hack Pro mATX: Core i5 3570 / GA-Z77MX-D3H TH / 16GB RAM / GTX 660Ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks!! Was wondering if I use the thunderbolt display connected to the HD4000 but install a Geforce 660 ti would I still get the performance enhancements whilst using Final cut X or Photoshop etc??? or any graphic heavy program??

Thanks!! Was wondering if I use the thunderbolt display connected to the HD4000 but install a Geforce 660 ti would I still get the performance enhancements whilst using Final cut X or Photoshop etc??? or any graphic heavy program??

only the HD4000 graphics will be used by the Apple thunderbolt display on ML 10.8.2

For the folks using AVID they have this rather expensive option
http://www.magma.com/expressbox-1

Once or twice I have used Premiere and After Effects in windows for mid-complex compositions, on that OS you can use a Geforce 660 ti , and have used Photoshop CS6 on Mountain Lion with 60mb files using HD4000, several layers etc.

Everything I read so far is not possible to have thunderbolt display on a hackintosh using both HD4000 and a dedicated Gpu but maybe if you set it to be a macbookpro retina and have something like this, on Mbeast you don't have a option to set it has MBpro retina model/identifier but you could tweak it and then:
http://www.softwarecrew.com/2012/06...book-pro-with-the-retina-ready-gfxcardstatus/
Probably this doesn't make sense, this is my first hack.

I bought the thunderbolt display because it was almost half the price of a new one.

so tjodolv!!

did you get USB 3 working?

Interested to get this board for my 2nd hackintosh build!

Finished my build! I think I have managed to get it fully up and running with 100% functionality on the Thunderbolt display! My build is as follows;

Gigabyte GA-Z77MX-D3H THIntel i7 3770K
Radeon HD5870
Crucial m4 SSD 2.5" 128GB
Seagate Barracuda 2tb
Corsair Vengeance 16gb 1600MHz
Be quiet! Pure Power 730W PSU
Fractal Design Define Mini
Sony Optiarc DVDRW
TP-Link WDN4800
Targus Bluetooth

Apple Thunderbolt Display
Apple Bluetooth Keyboard and Mouse

The Radeon also seem to be working! I have plugged my tv into the GPU and run cinebench and it works fine. I'm yet to determine if OS X will use it in apps like Final Cut as a discrete card but going to do some tests this week try and see!

Overal its a BEAST :)

only the HD4000 graphics will be used by the Apple thunderbolt display on ML 10.8.2

For the folks using AVID they have this rather expensive option
http://www.magma.com/expressbox-1

Once or twice I have used Premiere and After Effects in windows for mid-complex compositions, on that OS you can use a Geforce 660 ti , and have used Photoshop CS6 on Mountain Lion with 60mb files using HD4000, several layers etc.

Everything I read so far is not possible to have thunderbolt display on a hackintosh using both HD4000 and a dedicated Gpu but maybe if you set it to be a macbookpro retina and have something like this, on Mbeast you don't have a option to set it has MBpro retina model/identifier but you could tweak it and then:
http://www.softwarecrew.com/2012/06...book-pro-with-the-retina-ready-gfxcardstatus/
Probably this doesn't make sense, this is my first hack.

I bought the thunderbolt display because it was almost half the price of a new one.

Hello!

Regarding the full speed fan. I have the same board minus the TH ports, and facing the same problem. It seems like the second fan is a power fan which runs full speed all the time... As a temporary solution I'm using an Y cable for my fans using FAN1. Still just 2 works out of 3 and just wanted to put in 2 little ones to the rear side of the case, so I think the solution might be to buy a fan speed regulator. :)

Folks

I have almost identical build: GA-Z77MX-D3H TH(F5)/i7-3770K/ML 10.8.2, I have same problems:
1. HD4000 HDMI audio not working
2. Cannot wake up from sleeping
3. System information indicated Thunderbolt port not exist (I have no TB device to test though)
4. USD3.0 ports malfunction

I wish some one can offer help for us

Folks

I have almost identical build: GA-Z77MX-D3H TH(F5)/i7-3770K/ML 10.8.2, I have same problems:
1. HD4000 HDMI audio not working
2. Cannot wake up from sleeping
3. System information indicated Thunderbolt port not exist (I have no TB device to test though)
4. USD3.0 ports malfunction

I wish some one can offer help for us

What do you mean exactly by USB3.0 malfunction?
I noticed, that I cannot boot if a USB3.0 device is attached.

About Thunderbolt I have the same problem. I did install Win7 to update the BIOS, and there was also no mention of Thunderbolt -> I think this point is weird. Maybe there still problems about Thunderbolt in PCs?

What I think is to ask here for a dedicated DSDT. The question is how much would that cost. I think that is the only way of resolving the issue of not coming back from sleep.

Hello again, sorry for not answering this, but school went into overdrive last fall...

As for my original issues, this is where I am now (keep in mind, I have not spent much time tinkering):
- Sleep is working. I did too many changes at once, so I'm not sure which one did the trick.
- I have not tested USB 3.0 with a 3.0 device, but the ports on the back are at least working. The ports on the front are still not working, but I think that might be the computer case and not the MB. Maybe I'll find the time to troubleshoot it.
- Thunderbolt is not yet tested.
- I have not done anything more with the onboard audio, the USB-dongle works great for me.
- The noisy fan is still just unplugged. Even when gaming with all settings on "Ultra high" in Starcraft 2, i barely hear the other fans.

The system is stable as a concrete wall. I love my Hack Pro :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back