Contribute
Register

Tips for installing Sierra on Lenovo M93P tiny (i7)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my M93p turned up last week and I spent some time playing around with it yesterday. I couldn't get Unibeast to install at all, I'm afraid - so I did a manual USB creation and then installed Clover manually too.

@feelinglucky I grabbed your EFI folder and copied all of it, including the config.plist, across to my USB installer and the system got through install okay. Graphics and sound appear to work - sound even through the HDMI socket, too, which is great because this machine will be sharing a monitor and I want it to transfer sound through to the speakers, regardless of which PC I'm using.

I'm a little concerned about using your system definition with my setup, though, @feelinglucky - not least because you have a different CPU from mine. Mine is the i7-4765T. I'm presuming I could trip up badly if I use your DSDT.aml and ACPI folder, right?

Regards to all,

Discy

You can avoid my DSDT.aml files and have a try.

Hey you guys, sorry for the slow reply!

Welcome to the M93p tiny gang Discy! :D

Sounds like you made a lot of progress there, that's awesome!

Mine is working sort of ok but still with a few ongoing issues in case anyone has any ideas:
1) Sleep doesn't seem to work on demand,
Weird, I just decided to try sleep and it worked perfectly first try now somehow!
BUT sometimes after a day or two when I turn on the screen there is no input from the M93p, and I have to force reboot it. No idea if it has crashed, or done something else but my settings are to never let it sleep by itself so it may well be a crash I guess. Would be nice therefore to get sleep working if I can....

2) I have audio working through the internal speaker and from the 3.5mm jack on the front, but it does not appear to be working from the displayport sockets (mine has 2 DP and no HDMI, but I use a DP > HDMI active adaptor for the video output to the AMP/TV). This is probably the most annoying fault as it means I have to put up with tiny audio from the internal speaker which is really quiet. Maybe it is the DP/HDMI adaptor that is not letting the audio either convert through HDMI or pass through it?
Would love to solve this one though. I can use a 3.5mm to phono/rca cable if I really have to for my amp, but the sound will be worse, and it means a cable out the front of the m93p because there is no rear jack, which spoils the look too.

3) My display is only giving basically HD from the displayport. I 'think' I read somewhere that this is an unsolved issue with the HD4600 gfx on a hackintosh but maybe I made a mistake or maybe there's a solution?
I could live with it being 1080p if I really have to (even though it's a bit disappointing as I use a 50" 4k tv as a monitor), except what is most annoying is every bootup, the screen does not quite fit the output, and I have to just tweak is slightly with the underscan function in Display preferences. It does not seem to retain the settings at all for this though, so every boot up I have to correct that.

So if you guys have any ideas for these things I'd be grateful definitely!

I did not end up using your files sorry FeelingLucky as I couldn't make them work with mine for some reason. Mine is also an i7, but I think I know better now on using the EFI folder/files with Clover Configurator so I might back up my folder then try again using your one.

Discy, you said you have the audio on yours working from displayport, so I have 2 questions about that if you don't mind?
  1. Is that using Lucky's EFI folder?
  2. Is that with the audio coming through your monitor or something? Or do you also have a displayport to HDMI adaptor, with the audio coming out from an Amp or something like that?
Thanks very much folks :)

Last edited:
Here's my graphics properties, @Crester

I do have audio going through my monitor via the DisplayPort although of course, because it's a digital signal, Mojave removes the volume controls via the Keyboard etc and forces you to use the monitor or, in my case, the speakers its audio is routed to. But that's no big problem. To clarify, though, I am using DisplayPort - NOT HDMI with an adaptor of any kind. I don't think my M93p actually has an HDMI socket, TBH.

As for your other question, yes, I'm using the Kexts and config.plist from Lucky's folder.

I am slightly concerned that the M93p's fan keeps spinning up and down - and am wondering if CPU management isn't somehow tied to Lucky's CPU definition instead of my own. Would that be the case if I'd used your config.plist, Lucky?

Kind regards to all,

Discy

Hi all,

So I had a crack at making my own config.plist, using the barebones guide and modifying it where I thought it necessary - internal graphics and kext patches for USB, etc.

Just wondering - looking at the shots below from Intel Power Gadget, would you say my CPU power management is working? It certainly looks like the frequency is jumping up and down...

Hi all,

So I had a crack at making my own config.plist, using the barebones guide and modifying it where I thought it necessary - internal graphics and kext patches for USB, etc.

Just wondering - looking at the shots below from Intel Power Gadget, would you say my CPU power management is working? It certainly looks like the frequency is jumping up and down...

View attachment 393022

View attachment 393023

View attachment 393024

Yes,your CPU power management is work.

Hi, It's very lucky for my machine is the same spec as urs. But, I replaced i7-4720HQ mobile cpu with this machine(Yes, I'm from China,hahah).

Everything goes well, sound(ALC 283), HD4600, sleep etc. on Movjave 14.2.

There is my EFI and configures https://github.com/mingcheng/lenovo-m93p-hackintosh
Hi, I succeeded hackintosh on my M93P tiny thanks to your EFI file. I'm now finding the wifi module. From taobao, there are 2 models of BCM94352 with FRU numbers 03T7135 and 03T8125, with the same Lenovo P/N: 20200078.
From the document of M93P Tiny, it states that the FRU of BCM4352 must be 03T8125. I wonder whether i can use the 03T7135, because it is 15 yuan cheaper than 03T8125.
What model are you using?

Attachments

• m93_m93p_tiny_07012016.pdf
    108.7 KB · Views: 643
can I ask how to use those files on GitHub?

Hi, I succeeded hackintosh on my M93P tiny thanks to your EFI file. I'm now finding the wifi module. From taobao, there are 2 models of BCM94352 with FRU numbers 03T7135 and 03T8125, with the same Lenovo P/N: 20200078.
From the document of M93P Tiny, it states that the FRU of BCM4352 must be 03T8125. I wonder whether i can use the 03T7135, because it is 15 yuan cheaper than 03T8125.
What model are you using?

BCM94352HMB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back