Contribute
Register

TimeMachine Error: Error occurred creating backup folder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Motherboard OR System make and model names > See Rules!
CPU
> Need full model number > See Rules!
Graphics
> Need model or version number > See Rules!
Hi Guys

I have recently been getting this error with my two External HardDrives that are connected for my time machine backups.

Error occurred creating backup folder

The two externals were originally connected via a USB hub which i thought could be the problem so i connected it directly to the USB ports on the Mobo and still getting this error. Every time i reboot it will be fine for a couple of hours then i will get notified that the TM backups is failing after a couple of hours.

Has anybody come across this error and have a solution.

I am currently operating on 10.10.5 if you need any more specs about OS or Build let me know and i will provide them.

Thanks in advance.

It could be a failing hard drive? or disk full? could be permission problems? or bad blocks/corrupted directory structure.

It could be a failing hard drive? or disk full? could be permission problems? or bad blocks/corrupted directory structure.
I have checked the HardDrive health with Disk Utility and also Drive-Dx app and there does not seem to be any errors with those two utilities. Also it started happening on the same exact day with both my externals that i have plugged in 24/7 which i find strange and hopefully that will rule out a bad drive?

Is there a way i can check permission problems? Should it show permission problems in disk utility?

Also is there a way to check the directory structure?

Thanks for your help powerpcg5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back