Contribute
Register

Time to remove Nvidia from Buyer's Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bummer. Only reply I have is my chart in post #7.

Unigine Heaven and Valley both run on OpenGL which has been deprecated and will be removed in the next macOS.

Bummer. Only reply I have is my chart in post #7.

Your chart doesn't mean anything and its still far subpar as compared to performance on Windows. Have you actually compared Nvidia driver performance between macOS and Windows? Nvidia has not actually optimized the driver for macOS and its performance is subpar. Also, Apple's native Nvidia driver have screen glitches that Apple has not even fixed in High Sierra and Mojave. My point is that Nvidia isn't serious about fixing or improving Nvidia drivers for their video cards on macOS systems.

Unigine Heaven and Valley both run on OpenGL which has been deprecated and will be removed in the next macOS
Ah. Another reason for staying on High Sierra.

Your chart doesn't mean anything and its still far subpar as compared to performance on Windows. Have you actually compared Nvidia driver performance between macOS and Windows?
No, actually I have never used Windows at all (voluntarily). The chart means only what it says, no more and no less. That is the performance of my systems on Mac OS 10.13.6 and I'm quite happy with my latest build. Since you don't like OpenGL data, how about a GFXBench Metal test result on my current system (top item on chart)? 143.663 fps on Metal, same test conditions as in post #7.

2019-01-21 GFXBench Metal T-Rex Benchmark.jpg

I also kicked my good NVidia GTX 1060, to buy a new AMD RX 570 (same performance as the GTX 1060)... and it's working really good. I need no more NVidia drivers, and now I have never a black screen anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back