XFX HD DD 7870 Ghz Black Edition
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hey everyone:

Sorry if this thread is in the wrong spot, havent been on this site in a while.

Simply put, I am looking to install Mavericks/Yosemite on my custom desktop I built a couple of years ago.

However, I am new to this and I can use all the help I can get.

Quick background:
- I am going to college in the fall and I plan on buying a MBA, and I feel that using OSX on my desktop would be a better choice than Windows 7.
- I do not want to buy any additional parts for my computer. I need to save as much as I can for college
- My specs: Core i5 3570K + XFX DD HD 7870Ghz Black Edition (rest of my specs are in my profile).

Basically, I am wondering if it would be possible to build a hackintosh with my current parts. I did some googling and it seems possible with my 7870, but I noticed that it didn't seem all that easy as well.
- How difficult will this be? I have some vague knowledge of having to tweak a computer to get it to work with OSX, but beyond that I do not know the specifics
- How will I go about the process of installing OSX? Will one setup be enough, or do I have to continually tweak it every time there is a new OS release?
- How stable is this process with my current parts?
- Do I just download Mavericks, or do I have to pay for the software because Mavericks is listed as an "upgrade" from Mountain Lion?

Hope that covers it.
Thanks in advance

well, just because your parts are old doesn't mean you can't have your hackintosh. but let me tell you... you must be patient. you may get many many errors on the way but you'll find the solution if you search them or simply ask them.
follow the guides provided on the top menu of the site. i hope everything goes smooth.

good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back