Gigabyte GTX 760 2GB DDR5
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anyone else seen this? Did a clean El Cap install, deleted old time machine backups, still doesn't fire off every hour. Says Next backup at a certain time in the preference pane, but as soon as it hits - nothing happens and the counter just jumps up an hour. Can't see anything in console out of the ordinary,

TM works fine on my two laptops running El Cap.

Works fine here but I didn't delete any old backups. Perhaps since you are starting fresh anyways you might want to try removing your TM drive from prefs, exit the prefs and app, then go back in and add the drive. Maybe it just needs an old-fashioned smack upside the head! :D

FYI, I'm seeing the same exact issue here. Performed a fresh install on a GA-Z97N-WiFi w/ GT740SC. Works perfectly manually, but never works on schedule - just as you are seeing. So far this is the only post I've found concerning the issue here at tonymac or through a web search, so it may not be widespread. I've reset the backup location, set the NAS folder to mount on boot to make sure it was accessible from the beginning, with no changes. Everything else seems to be working perfectly at this time.

@mucksavage - are you still experiencing the issue?

Only other thing I can think of at the moment is to setup a USB drive instead of the NAS setup and see if TM backs up to that. Once I dig up a spare drive to test this out, I'll update w/ results.

Chief

FYI, According to Apple's bug reports, this issue is supposed to be fixed in the now released 10.11.2 update. Apparently if a UPS was connected via USB, it caused OSX to believe the machine was running on battery power and wouldn't allow the backups to occur.

There's quite a convo about it over in the Apple forums, along with the temporary fixes used:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/7299507?tstart=0

I'm currently waiting the hour to see if the backups start as they should under 10.11.2, fingers crossed...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back