Contribute
Register

Thunderbolt + USB 3.0 motherboards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now thats a good custom build if i had the time and skill to make one it would be purrrfect, as to the MB after taking some advice about ALC898 Green audio port problems of the GA Z77X-UD5 from toleda

"Regarding the Z77X-UD5H, all audio (including optical out) works in OS X except the green ports, motherboard and front panel. All audio, including the green port, works on the Z77X-UD5 TH. I recommend the Z77X-UD5 TH simply because it has everything."

I decided that this would be the MB to have.

Currently opting for:

Intel Core i7-3770K
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8 16GB 1600MHz CL8 DDR3 (4x4Gb)
Crucial CT256M4SSD2 256GB M4 SSD (OSX ML)
Crucial CT128M4SSD2 128GB M4 SSD (Win 7)
EVGA GFX 570
TP Link TL-WDN4800 450Mbps Wireless N Dual Band PCI Express Adapter (As recomended by thelostswede)
StarTech.com 3 Port 2b 1a 1394 PCI Express FireWire Card Adapter PEX1394B3 (As recomended by thelostswede)
Logitech MX Performance Mouse
Logitech K750 Wireless Solar Keyboard for Mac - Black

Hopefully this will be a painless first hack build. I have lurked for a while but now taking the plunge.

Now MultiBeast 5.0.0 is out!!!!! even better :D

Narc

You might consider 2*8gb of ram for stability if you do over clock this cpu reducing ram modules can be a key factor also if you need to do a ram upgrade then you will still have two slots free....

Cheers for that,

It was a concern but already had 8Gb of ram so just got another 8Gb of the same ram at a good deal. Not that big into overclocking but if I did it would only be a modest jump .. 4Ghz - 4.2Ghz, not looking to break any records :D

I have a Corsair H50 cooler so no problem with any heat.

Hope it will be trouble free when I put it together but will take it a step at the time and there’s a great source of info here so should be good. Just have to wait till Sept to get started as away atm.

Cheers again.

Narc

That reminded me I need a new cpu block......or mount...! Not sure on the eta from amazon......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back