Graphics
Intel® HD Graphics 620
Mac
  1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello! I have finished post-installation on my new Intel NUC 7th Generation kit, yet I am currently having a problem with a hardware component.
I am attempting to connect a Thunderbolt 3 audio interface to the device, but under System Information, Macintosh reports "Thunderbolt: No drivers are loaded." However, when I boot up the same computer to Windows 10 (dual-boot configuration), the Intel Thunderbolt utility recognizes and identifies the device perfectly.
Attached is my problem reporting files for the machine. Thank you!

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    52.5 KB · Views: 271
  • Terminal.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 275
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 296
  • IOReg.zip
    571.9 KB · Views: 294
Hello! I have finished post-installation on my new Intel NUC 7th Generation kit, yet I am currently having a problem with a hardware component.
I am attempting to connect a Thunderbolt 3 audio interface to the device, but under System Information, Macintosh reports "Thunderbolt: No drivers are loaded." However, when I boot up the same computer to Windows 10 (dual-boot configuration), the Intel Thunderbolt utility recognizes and identifies the device perfectly.
Attached is my problem reporting files for the machine. Thank you!

Plug TB devices in prior to boot.
(I may investigate a fix to that particular requirement if I ever purchase any TB devices... if you use search you may find relevant discussion)

Plug TB devices in prior to boot.
Even after rebooting from macOS, Windows, or coming from S5 shutdown, I keep the thunderbolt device plugged in and on at all times. It has its own power supply, as well. Perhaps there's a specific time I need to plug it in?
Also, I've followed many threads with similar issues, yet all of the solutions apply to different motherboards than mine (e.g. ASUS with firmware upgrades).

Even after rebooting from macOS, Windows, or coming from S5 shutdown, I keep the thunderbolt device plugged in and on at all times. It has its own power supply, as well. Perhaps there's a specific time I need to plug it in?

Check your ioreg to see if the TB controller is active (don't expect it to show in System Information).
Perhaps the device you're trying to use has no macOS drivers.
You cannot expect every device to work... as you may not have macOS drivers for all devices.

Check your ioreg to see if the TB controller is active.
I am not sure how to tell if the controller is active based on what I can see from the ioreg. I have attached a screenshot of the device chain, but I don't know my way around IORegistryExplorer all that well.
Also attached is my ioreg from before. Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 4.50.51 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-12-22 at 4.50.51 PM.png
    150.6 KB · Views: 762
  • IOReg.zip
    571.9 KB · Views: 284
I am not sure how to tell if the controller is active based on what I can see from the ioreg. I have attached a screenshot of the device chain, but I don't know my way around IORegistryExplorer all that well.
Also attached is my ioreg from before. Thank you for your help!

The TB controller is active.
If you boot without a device plugged, you'll notice much of RP01.TBTR goes away.

The TB controller is active.
If you boot without a device plugged, you'll notice much of RP01.TBTR goes away.
That definitely gives me more hope. Now, I'd like to see into how I can get the computer to recognize the audio interface attached to the motherboard controller.
The drivers that came with the audio interface were installed by the installer program that came with the device as a kext in the /Library/Extensions folder.
Is there anything more I can do to diagnose this problem? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

That definitely gives me more hope. Now, I'd like to see into how I can get the computer to recognize the audio interface attached to the motherboard controller.
The drivers that came with the audio interface were installed by the installer program that came with the device as a kext in the /Library/Extensions folder.
Is there anything more I can do to diagnose this problem? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

What do you mean by "audio interface attached to the motherboard controller"?

What do you mean by "audio interface attached to the motherboard controller"?
Sorry for being unclear. I am still attempting to get my Thunderbolt audio device to be recognized by macOS, which it still lists as "Thunderbolt: no driver's are loaded." I am hoping for anymore advice on getting it to work. All of my problem reporting files are still on post #1.

Sorry for being unclear. I am still attempting to get my Thunderbolt audio device to be recognized by macOS, which it still lists as "Thunderbolt: no driver's are loaded." I am hoping for anymore advice on getting it to work. All of my problem reporting files are still on post #1.

Looking at the ioreg you attached, it does not appear the device is detected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back