Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
thunderboltportsmsi.jpeg

Thunderbolt on generic motherboards! You can see the mini displayport/thunderbolt interconnect port directly underneath the DSUB port on the back of MSI's new Z77A-GD80. Check out the link below for more details and pictures. Coming soon.

Source: http://www.techpowerup.com/161912/Thund ... -GD80.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the major manufacturers will have at least 1 or 2 boards with Thunderbolt, but it's gonna be very expensive- a premium feature to start.

great news!

Hilarious that they're still shipping that analog VGA video output. Isn't it about time to assume that anyone shelling out for a premium motherboard will have shelled out for a digital display at least 5 years ago?

Man I hope they make a pcie card for thunderbolt (if its even possible)!! I just bought a great motherboard! :problem: :banghead:

What if that is just video out only?

It's only Mini Displayport.. Because it's underneath the VGA Connector. Unless there is a Thunderbolt Logo on the backplate then I highly doubt it's Thunderbolt!

Has anyone heard whether or not Apple or someone else will ever have a thunderbolt PCIe card?

My parts for my first hackintosh are coming in but I sure would like to add a thunderbolt PCIe card to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back