CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
It seems like he Gigabyte boards use the same 156c TB as the Macbook Pro 11,2. Is it possible that a ID change at the DSDT or Clover level would be applied earlier in the boot process than fakepciid?
You could try it. But I'm not sure how to construct the Device in DSDT (for _DSM method). And there is no Clover support for that. An EFI property string might work (if you can figure out EFI Studio) and if Clover does it correctly(?).

This does show that the binary has a reference to device-id:
Code:
MacBook-Air:Extensions Admin$ strings /System/Library/Extensions/AppleThunderboltNHI.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleThunderboltNHI |grep -y device
device-id
A config.plist patch to the binary might be easier to implement. Do you know x86 assembly?

Motherboard
Lenovo W540 Mobile Workstation
CPU
Intel Quad-Core i7 2.7Ghz
Graphics
Intel HD4600 (Haswell) / Nvidia Quadro K1100m
Mac
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
No unfortunatley, I only know a smattering of c++. Initially i had
looked inside all the TB kexts to see if one contained a .plist with the device id's, but i didn't see any.
I don't suppose a hexedit is possible? Thats about the limits to my hack skillz.

thanks

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
No unfortunatley, I only know a smattering of c++. Initially i had
looked inside all the TB kexts to see if one contained a .plist with the device id's, but i didn't see any.
I don't suppose a hexedit is possible? Thats about the limits to my hack skillz.

thanks
I wasn't asking about C++, but if you don't know C++ there is little chance you know x86 assembly...

A hexedit or config.plist patch is something you do after you have determined what code needs changing.

Hang on a bit... I have an idea...

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Thanks! I'll give it a shot tonite. I changed something on in my bios that corrupted my osx installation, so i'm working now to get yosemite back.

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone
Aright, I'm back up.

I have some sucess to report, using those latest kexts the device ID of this TB device is reflected as 156c (Vs. 1566) under Hardware -> PCI -> Expresscard (System Information).

The Apple Thunderbolt->FW800 adapter is still unrecognized (and thus any attached peripherals), but I think it's still a really good sign. *I think even on Gigabyte boards using a native 156c TB pcicard (same as mbp), it appears under PCI vs Thunderbolt, requiring additional work to make it appear as native/internal.

Attaching latest ioreg & system log.

*I should mention that these latest kexts killed the fakepcid for the hd4600, i needed to remove my Intel GFX kexts to boot.

Thanks!

Attachments

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Aright, I'm back up.

I have some sucess to report, using those latest kexts the device ID of this TB device is reflected as 156c (Vs. 1566) under Hardware -> PCI -> Expresscard (System Information).

The Apple Thunderbolt->FW800 adapter is still unrecognized (and thus any attached peripherals), but I think it's still a really good sign. *I think even on Gigabyte boards using a native 156c TB pcicard (same as mbp), it appears under PCI vs Thunderbolt, requiring additional work to make it appear as native/internal.

Attaching latest ioreg & system log.
The updated injector did what I thought it would (change the device-id), but no real progress though....

*I should mention that these latest kexts killed the fakepcid for the hd4600, i needed to remove my Intel GFX kexts to boot.

Thanks!
I probably should have provided the updated FakePCIID_HD4600* kext. If you want to fix that, see here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/157086-rebranding-make-bcm943162zp-m-2-ngff-work-yosemite-post985467.html#post985467

Motherboard
CPU
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
PowerBook
Mobile Phone

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Leon, im on the way to buy exact same Laptop as you. And of course do the same.
So please allow me one question. Did you manage to get Firewire runnin over Thunderbolt under OSX?