CPU
i7
Graphics
GTX 560
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi guys,

The mysteries of thunderbolt and its hot-swap issues have always confounded me a little, but I've always found a way to work around it until it took a weird turn yesterday. I have a gigabyte UP-5TH build and have had a working apple Thunderbolt Display with it for a couple years. Last week I decided to change up my home studio and get a Motu 828x thunderbolt audio interface. I couldn't get the interface to work through the second thunderbolt port on the UP5 but I was able to get it to work fine but plugging it in to the thunderbolt port on my display. We had a power outage yesterday which seemed to throw everything out of whack. After finally getting things plugged in the right order again to overcome hot-swap issues, I got it all working and then it was time to shut down. I previously found out that if I turn the interface off before the computer, the computer freezes. So I waited til after like usual, but turning the power switch off in the Motu triggered the computer to turn BACK ON!! What?! Help please!