Contribute
Register

Thunderbolt Driver ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we have completed different setups but I'll see how mine works this weekend. I got a thunderbolt 2 interface. The Apogee Element 46. I mainly use Reason now but I'll also test in pro tools.

Tested today. Used Reason and pro tools. 44.1 khz, playback buffer needed to be under 256 to sound good. I tried 192 khz and it helped. So higher sample rate gives you more headroom. Felt like my thunderbolt interface was pretty solid. Seems to be working great on my setup.

Thx! Ok so it's just me.
:banghead:

You try changing the sample rate to 192 khz? I know it's a long shot but it improved my latency.

Hi, following this thread, since I bit the bullet and got myself a GB Alpine Ridge V2 TB card and a UAD Apollo 16 MkII.
Now I just have to sacrifice something to the hackintosh gods so it all goes well.

Some points on latency. 192k reduces latency, as latency (ms) = buffersize/samplerate. But no free meal, as your CPU has to compute a hell of a lot more samples per second.

Also, if you experience latency at 32 samples, make sure it's not plugin delay or plugin delay compensation causing it. try it with a fresh session.

Alex

Just wanted to update that I have a perfectly working setup with a alpine ridge card V2 and a uad Apollo 16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back