Contribute
Register

Thunderbolt Display - USB, Mic, Speaker and Webcam

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol whatever works, its been 2 year journey with this Hack, and TB is the last remaining thing to get it perfect for my needs, so I don't mind getting extra if we need to!

Btw, I tested out video passthrough with the OWE firmware, and it seems to sort of work. Its hit-or miss, but a few attempts and plugging/unplugging got it to work a couple of times.

Here's the DSDT. Thanks so much, sir.

Alright lets try this: Replace the E23 patch with one for _L62 to XL62. Keep the others. Also replace SSDT with the one attached.

Code:
Find: 5F4C3632
Replace: 584C3632
Comment: Change _L62 to XL62

Attachments

• SSDT-TbtOnPch-EX3-RP05-_L62.aml
    4.5 KB · Views: 44
Alright lets try this: Replace the E23 patch with one for _L62 to XL62. Keep the others. Also replace SSDT with the one attached.

Code:
Find: 5F4C3632
Replace: 584C3632
Comment: Change _L62 to XL62
Thanks @NorthAmTransAm, before I try this, I noticed that you're using PCI0.RP05, but my system mounts the TB controller to PC00.RP05, shouldn't I use that instead?

Thanks @NorthAmTransAm, before I try this, I noticed that you're using PCI0.RP05, but my system mounts the TB controller to PC00.RP05, shouldn't I use that instead?
Yeah! Sorry about that. Double check in IOReg of course but that is the way.

@NorthAmTransAm circling back to this to see if we can revive these efforts. lmk if you're still up for it. thank you
@gabevf
as I can see on your DSDT, RP05 is on PCI0 not on PC00 and your thunderbolt hot-plug GPE is _E23, so the first @NorthAmTransAm SSDT file is good.

Before enabling this SSDT on OpenCore, double checks your DSDT (auto-loaded by opening MacIASL and named as "System DSDT") that patches are applied (_E23 to XE23 and _INI of RP05 to XINI), otherwise SSDT will be rejected.

The first patch is easy to do on OpenCore but second is more difficult (exploring DSDT.aml with Hex Fiend app and search hex data).
With your submitted DSDT, you can try this patch:
Find: 52503035 142A5F49
Replace: 52503035 142A5849

Make sure to remove _L62 patch.

@gabevf
as I can see on your DSDT, RP05 is on PCI0 not on PC00 and your thunderbolt hot-plug GPE is _E23, so the first @NorthAmTransAm SSDT file is good.

Before enabling this SSDT on OpenCore, double checks your DSDT (auto-loaded by opening MacIASL and named as "System DSDT") that patches are applied (_E23 to XE23 and _INI of RP05 to XINI), otherwise SSDT will be rejected.

The first patch is easy to do on OpenCore but second is more difficult (exploring DSDT.aml with Hex Fiend app and search hex data).
With your submitted DSDT, you can try this patch:
Find: 52503035 142A5F49
Replace: 52503035 142A5849

Make sure to remove _L62 patch.
Thank you for the follow-up!

Unfortunately something is still not right.
- Needs to have something plugged in during boot for TB to work
- HP does not work
- Ejecting/removing USB-C devices causes a kernel panic.
- Panics during boot if there's an usb-c drive and a TB3 drive attached at the same time
- Does not boot with certain daisy-chained configurations (like a TB3 drive attached to a TB3 hub).
- Sleep doesn't work
- Networking over TB doesn't work

I double-checked my DSTD, and it's PC00. I don't know where that DSDT with PCI0 came from, but I'm attaching the proper DSDT below.

I'm also attaching a Kernel Panic report just in case.

I've double-checked that the patches (_E23 to XE23 and _INI of RP05 to XINI) are applied and reflected in the DSDT, as you instructed.
I didn't include the other patch that NorthAmTransAm told me to do (Null GPE.TINI). Should I add that one as well?

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    125.9 KB · Views: 17
  • TB3 Kernel Panic.txt
    3.8 KB · Views: 23
Thank you for the follow-up!

Unfortunately something is still not right.
- Needs to have something plugged in during boot for TB to work
- HP does not work
- Ejecting/removing USB-C devices causes a kernel panic.
- Panics during boot if there's an usb-c drive and a TB3 drive attached at the same time
- Does not boot with certain daisy-chained configurations (like a TB3 drive attached to a TB3 hub).
- Sleep doesn't work
- Networking over TB doesn't work

I double-checked my DSTD, and it's PC00. I don't know where that DSDT with PCI0 came from, but I'm attaching the proper DSDT below.

I'm also attaching a Kernel Panic report just in case.

I've double-checked that the patches (_E23 to XE23 and _INI of RP05 to XINI) are applied and reflected in the DSDT, as you instructed.
I didn't include the other patch that NorthAmTransAm told me to do (Null GPE.TINI). Should I add that one as well?

Just thinking back on this (it's been awhile). At one point that patch helped with boot time then after an macOS update it became mandatory. Not a lot of users go this route so its not the most confirmed/tested thing.

Just thinking back on this (it's been awhile). At one point that patch helped with boot time then after an macOS update it became mandatory. Not a lot of users go this route so its not the most confirmed/tested thing.

Yeah, I tried searching my DSDT for those strings (or portions of it) and I couldn't find anything, so I just left it out.

I wonder if my TB3 issues are related to PCI lane allocations? I'm running 3 gpu's so I think I might be pushing the limit of the motherboard because the results are so inconsistent. Even across boots, sometimes a device might show up, and at others it won't.

Yeah, I tried searching my DSDT for those strings (or portions of it) and I couldn't find anything, so I just left it out.

I wonder if my TB3 issues are related to PCI lane allocations? I'm running 3 gpu's so I think I might be pushing the limit of the motherboard because the results are so inconsistent. Even across boots, sometimes a device might show up, and at others it won't.
Would definitely advise slimming down those GPU's to see whats available. I remember not being able to run my onboard M.2's in x4 mode because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back