Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth Z87
CPU
Intel Core i7-4790K 4.00GHz
Graphics
Geforce GTX 960
Hello

I've got my hackintosh build that has thunderbolt support. I have dual thunderbolt displays working on my hack. however, every now and again the iSight camera's and the USB ports etc.. in the displays will work. but then the next day the hack isn't recognising them.

The displays work great interms of picture, but its the other aspects of the displays that i'm having issue with.

Has anyone got any thoughts or solutions to this problem?

If ive not been clear enough what the issue is, please say and i'll and give more info.

If anyone is interested in what is in my hack and my build then please watch my youtube video i have on it:

Thanks for any help! :D

What if you leave only one Display connected?

I'm interesten in TB config too, he said it exists in his youtube video.

ovb1, do you have TB2 port or TB Display?

I have an Apple thunderbolt display working with my hackintosh as of today.
I just received my Thunderbolt3 to Thunderbolt2 Apple dongle which i needed... since the display has a Thunderbolt2 connector. Prior to that, i tested a DP to miniDP female plug... but it didn't work.
You definitely need a Thunderbolt port on your mobo.

My Mobo has a Thunderbolt3 port (and the display turned on and worked) without any fussing.
My only issue is thunderbolt drobo and firewire drobo do not work. Neither does the display's camera or audio.
I need to do more research. Hoping someone has worked out the drivers etc needed to get the apple display working.

My thunderbolt drobo doesn't work even when directly connected to mobo... so i assume there is a separate drobo issue here needing additional drivers.

Do you use Apple Thunder display with discrete GPU?

There is no good support for Kaby Lake processors and chipsets. Maybe there is a point?

what is "drobo"?

Do you use Apple Thunder display with discrete GPU?
No.

There is no good support for Kaby Lake processors and chipsets. Maybe there is a point?
=> Got it all working. Needed to set thunderbolt to 'No Security' in bios

what is "drobo"?[/QUOTE]
=>It's a type of NAS device.

=> Got it all working. Needed to set thunderbolt to 'No Security' in bios

OMFG. I LOVE YOU! I've been wracking my brain trying to get that working! Haven't rebooted yet to test, but so happy to hear someone fixed the same problem on the same mobo with just one bios setting!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back