gt640
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I have attached a thunderbolt display to the thunderbolt port.
Everything works fine.
After booting I could use the hub, webcam audio, microphone and all ports.
But after sleep/hibernate all display peripherals gone. I could only use the display without hub and so on.

Any tipps or suggestions how to use the hub, webcam and so on after sleep?
I use Mavericks 10.9.2

Second question:
Is it possible to use the discrete graca with the thunderbolt ports?

Thanks for any help
Ishan

Hi,

I have attached a thunderbolt display to the thunderbolt port.
Everything works fine.
After booting I could use the hub, webcam audio, microphone and all ports.
But after sleep/hibernate all display peripherals gone. I could only use the display without hub and so on.

Any tipps or suggestions how to use the hub, webcam and so on after sleep?
I use Mavericks 10.9.2

Second question:
Is it possible to use the discrete graca with the thunderbolt ports?

Thanks for any help
Ishan

You should check your system logs to see if there are any clues as to why they dont wake up properly. I have the mini displayport version of the cinema display here, which has the built in camera and usb hub, and that works ok after waking from sleep.

Do you have a proper DSDT for your system ? Do you have the usb connector from the monitor plugged into your board as well ?

Using discrete graphics with built-in thunderbolt is only possible on one or two boards right now, I think one of which is Asrock. You connect an output from the graphics card to an input at the rear of the motherboard, and then plug in your thunderbolt/mini displayport monitor as normal.

A couple of manufacturers have said they will release add in cards with similar functionality but I dont think any have appeared at retail so far.

You should check your system logs to see if there are any clues as to why they dont wake up properly. I have the mini displayport version of the cinema display here, which has the built in camera and usb hub, and that works ok after waking from sleep.

Do you have a proper DSDT for your system ? Do you have the usb connector from the monitor plugged into your board as well ?

Using discrete graphics with built-in thunderbolt is only possible on one or two boards right now, I think one of which is Asrock. You connect an output from the graphics card to an input at the rear of the motherboard, and then plug in your thunderbolt/mini displayport monitor as normal.

A couple of manufacturers have said they will release add in cards with similar functionality but I dont think any have appeared at retail so far.

I could not find any entries in the system log about this behaviour.
For Gigabyte boards I need no DSDT, right?
Additionally I have the issue that sometimes the cam/usb,etc. is available after booting the system, sometimes not.
Where do I find the boot messages in system log?

With thunderbolt display I have no dedicated USB connector. The USB hub, webcam, firewire, ethernet port is connected via thunderbolt port to the Gigabyte board.
Which vendor is beside Asrock who delivers thunderbolt with discrete graphics?

Thank you for your tipps
Ishana

Hello, could you find any solution to your problem ? I'm having same, only difference is i have a GA Z87x UD5 TH.
I have to boot in Windows 8 and then reboot in OSX to make audio and camera works, and not always.

Im running Yosemite 10.10.5 on an X99 Soc Force and TBII Expansion card...

Anyone know how to get all ports/audio/video to work?

P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back