Motherboard
ASUS Z270-A PRIME
CPU
I7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hey everyone, I have been having a big problem I have been trying for hours now to get the Thunderbolt display working together with my Hackintosh

I purchased the following components:

Asrock Z97 Extreme6
Asrock Thunderbolt 2 AIC
Intel Core i7 4790 @ 3.60GHz 1150
Gigabyte GTX 960 4096MB Windforce
16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport RAM
SSD: 512GB SanDisc x400
HDD: 3000GB WD Red
PSU: 530W be quiet

I wanted to pass through the Display Port with the Thunderbolt Card to my Thunderbolt display but for some reason I can not get it to turn on or be detected by my system.

When I connected my Display Port screen the pass through works fine but otherwise not :/

I really hope that you can help me with this!

Thank you! :)

Wow this is interesting, if your setup works, I'd love to copy yours :)

Anyhow, have you tested like this:
1. boot into windows and make sure the Thunderbolt card works.
2. reboot into OS X using cold boot (restart or ctrl-alt-del), DON'T HARD BOOT!
3. check if the Thunderbolt detected in OS X, verbose mode to read if it's detecting.

Good luck!

I have an Asrock z97 Extreme 4 and the Thunderbolt card. The passthrough works fine and I can use either the onboard Intel graphics or my AMD 7970. I have an Apple Thunderbolt display connected to the Thunderbolt card. The camera, usb, Firewire, and ethernet ports all work properly over the Thunderbolt connection. You need to ensure that you have loaded Windows at least once and installed the Thunderbolt drivers. Make sure that Thunderbolt is enabled in the BIOS.

I only get the full boot screen when using the onboard intel graphics. When connected to the 7970, I don't get a screen until the video drivers load at the end of the boot process.

Make sure you are using a Thunderbolt cable and not a display port cable, they look very similar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back