Motherboard
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
Nvidia 1080ti
Hey Guys,

First hackintosh here guys!

In Windows 10 Thunderbolt 3 works as desired.

Changed Bios Settings to Thunderbolt Security = none.

After booting to macOS, I get Thunderbolt: No hardware was found.

I've tried changing PCI locations, and tried deleting and reinstalling Apple Thunderbolt Kexts.

Any other solutions or ways to troubleshoot? On previous installation (Unsuccessful Nvidia installation) thunderbolt worked after boot, no hot swap as it should. But on most recent installation no dice. Trying not to do another fresh install :D

10.12.5 Sierra

Nvidia 1080ti
Asus Maximus VIII Hero
i7-6700k
64gb ram
Blackmagic Decklink Pro

Update guys!

So I think my problem is that I didn't have Thunderbolt USB Enabled. When I enable Thunderbolt USB I get a kernel Panic.

It states HID Legacy Shim 2 which after a few moments reverts to the prohibited image.

It looks like it isn't able to find the boot location.

OSX installed on Sata 512gb hdd Win installed on 512gb NVME Evo 960 pro.

Additional Update.

So I figured out that when Thunderbolt USB Support = Enabled OSX does not read the sata ports.

I went to do a fresh install, and realized that it didn't recognize my ssd through Sata. So for some reason this BIOS setting is causing something to break SATA in OSX. I am able to boot to Windows and see the SSD and its contents despite OSX not being able to.

I am going to try different Sata drivers via multibeast to see if it can circumvent the issue.

Additional Update.

So I figured out that when Thunderbolt USB Support = Enabled OSX does not read the sata ports.

I went to do a fresh install, and realized that it didn't recognize my ssd through Sata. So for some reason this BIOS setting is causing something to break SATA in OSX. I am able to boot to Windows and see the SSD and its contents despite OSX not being able to.

I am going to try different Sata drivers via multibeast to see if it can circumvent the issue.

did you get it going ?

did you get it going ?
Not yet. So I figured out thunderbolt usb does not need to be enabled.

I was able to get thunderbolt working on a new install. However upon connecting one of my newer thunderbolt 3 devices it broke my thunderbolt config and I am unable to restore it. I'm going to try a few more clean install.

@mastadave99999 hey man, did you get it working? I have a hero IX with i7 7700k , Sierra is working fine, and my Apollo works on windows with the thunderboltex 3 , but I can't get it to work on Sierra !

i have a ROG maximus ix hero motherboard im trying to get asus thunderboltex 3 to work on El Capitan. Ive got it to work in windows 10 but when i enavle thunderbolt on the motherboard and try to load OSX i get an NO sign. Anyone know how to fix this?
I cant figure out how to get Thunderbolt to work in OSX.

i have a ROG maximus ix hero motherboard im trying to get asus thunderboltex 3 to work on El Capitan. Ive got it to work in windows 10 but when i enavle thunderbolt on the motherboard and try to load OSX i get an NO sign. Anyone know how to fix this?
I cant figure out how to get Thunderbolt to work in OSX.

Having the same exact issue. I have the ROG Maximus IX Hero board and I get the prohibited/no sign on boot as well. According to https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/skylake-asus-thunderboltex-3-testing.204646/ using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi fixes the issue, but it didn't do anything for me personally. Let me know if it works for you.

I've tried both the Thunderbolt EX3 and Gigabyte GC ALPINE RIDGE card as well. Both exhibit the same issue.

If someone figures out a workaround/fix for this issue, please share! I've wasted so much time trying to figure out how to fix this problem.. sometimes I can boot into High Sierra.. I'd say every 5-7 reboots.. it's really random.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back