Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H97M-D3H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
HD 4600
Hello guys! first of all I hope I'm not in the wrong section, If I'm, I apologize.

I'm a total noob so, to clarify what I need to do, I bought a UAD Apollo Twin X (audio interface) by mistake, it uses TB3 and I can't use or return it. There's a way to fix this? either using TB or any adaptor. My mother is a GA H97M-D3H, Intel i7 4790K, OS El Capitan.

Thanks in advance!

Hello guys! first of all I hope I'm not in the wrong section, If I'm, I apologize.

I'm a total noob so, to clarify what I need to do, I bought a UAD Apollo Twin X (audio interface) by mistake, it uses TB3 and I can't use or return it. There's a way to fix this? either using TB or any adaptor. My mother is a GA H97M-D3H, Intel i7 4790K, OS El Capitan.

Thanks in advance!
Your motherboard has no Thunderbolt 3 hardware onboard, nor does it have a Thunderbolt add-in card connector (through which to connect a Thunderbolt 3 card like the GC Titan Ridge). So unfortunately you cannot use hardware that requires Thunderbolt 3 with your system.

To use your Thunderbolt 3 audio device you will need either a real Mac with Thunderbolt 3, or a new motherboard with Thunderbolt 3 hardware (like my Z390 Designare), or a new motherboard with a Thunderbolt add-in card connector (like my Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming) through which to connect a Thunderbolt 3 card. A motherboard replacement will also require new CPU and new RAM which may become a substantial investment.

If you don't want to do this, consider selling your newly acquired device and get another (maybe USB?) audio device compatible with your system.

Your motherboard has no Thunderbolt 3 hardware onboard, nor does it have a Thunderbolt add-in card connector (through which to connect a Thunderbolt 3 card like the GC Titan Ridge). So unfortunately you cannot use hardware that requires Thunderbolt 3 with your system.

To use your Thunderbolt 3 audio device you will need either a real Mac with Thunderbolt 3, or a new motherboard with Thunderbolt 3 hardware (like my Z390 Designare), or a new motherboard with a Thunderbolt add-in card connector (like my Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming) through which to connect a Thunderbolt 3 card. A motherboard replacement will also require new CPU and new RAM which may become a substantial investment.

If you don't want to do this, consider selling your newly acquired device and get another (maybe USB?) audio device compatible with your system.
I see, thanks for your reply!

Hi, Jamesbond007, I want to build a hackintosh with thunderbolt wich supports it at fullspeed. Your build with Z390 Designare Supports it? Can you give me advises in order to buid one like yours?
Thanks in advance.

Hi, Jamesbond007, I want to build a hackintosh with thunderbolt which supports it at full speed. Your build with Z390 Designare supports it? Can you give me advises in order to build one like yours?
Thanks in advance.
If you want to build a hackintosh with Thunderbolt 3 support, your motherboard must have the necessary support.

Either it must have Thunderbolt 3 hardware onboard (like the Z390 Designare or the Z490 Vision D), or it must have a Thunderbolt 3 add-in card connector (like the Z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming), and in the second case you will need to purchase an extra Thunderbolt 3 card (like the Gigabyte GC Titan Ridge) to connect to the motherboard via the add-in card connector.

Motherboards with Thunderbolt 3 hardware onboard are generally more expensive than those without.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back