Contribute
Register

Thunderbolt 3 Modified Firmware Custom SSDT Discussion

a
@k-Tracker @scottkendall sorry guys I've been a way for awhile. For the Asus EX3 I actually flashed back to OEM firmware and use an SSDT to get full nodes. I'll share that and my bios settings when I'm at my desk. If you've flashed already then sweet. Theres that sweet app for creating the accompanying SSDT and TBROM.
Thanks a lot, looking forward to it. I have original firmware that I saved before. I can go to that route and update SSDT.

a

Thanks a lot, looking forward to it. I have original firmware that I saved before. I can go to that route and update SSDT.

Got a little carried away with work. Will try to get to it today. You can use either firmware really.

Alpine Ridge uses V3 firmware, and there is no video signal for Alpine Ridge 1 or 2 port type_c to Dp. What changes do I need to make? Thank you everyone.

After I got Asus X299 Deluxe fully working with Thunderboltex 3 I've realized I want to move forward and replaced it with two-port card.
I've already ordered GC Alpine Ridge Ver 2.0 and I've been reading that I need to burn EPROM with GC-Titan-Ridge-V2.0-Mod-NVM50-CaseySJ.bin. I understand I can't directly connect it to ASUS TB-port header. Do I need to short contact on the card? Do I need to configure BIOS differently for GC card? Thank you.

After I got Asus X299 Deluxe fully working with Thunderboltex 3 I've realized I want to move forward and replaced it with two-port card.
I've already ordered GC Alpine Ridge Ver 2.0 and I've been reading that I need to burn EPROM with GC-Titan-Ridge-V2.0-Mod-NVM50-CaseySJ.bin. I understand I can't directly connect it to ASUS TB-port header. Do I need to short contact on the card? Do I need to configure BIOS differently for GC card? Thank you.

Pin 3 and 5 will start the card pin 1 is the closest to the PCI blade. The titan ridge flash will not work with the alpine ridge card at least it didnt when I tried it. However, there are alpine ridge flashes as well. Depending on your needs you might only need an SSDT...

Alpine Ridge uses V3 firmware, and there is no video signal for Alpine Ridge 1 or 2 port type_c to Dp. What changes do I need to make? Thank you everyone.

No DP video pass threw with Alpine ridge modified firmware pass threw works with titan ridge.

Back