Contribute
Register

Thunderbolt 3 Modified Firmware Custom SSDT Discussion

Tried that one as well, still no luck

Not really sure what to say.. My clip is broke so I can not test anything currently for you and I am not sure what firmware is on my alpine ridge. But with the firmware and SSDT from the first post for alpine ridge I had working USB, I did not have working networking, I did not have working video.

I don't have video either. TB3 data transfer to another Mac works; blackmagic mini recorder work, so it's enough for me. Just curious why USB2/3 don't work...

Not really sure what to say.. My clip is broke so I can not test anything currently for you and I am not sure what firmware is on my alpine ridge. But with the firmware and SSDT from the first post for alpine ridge I had working USB, I did not have working networking, I did not have working video.

Ive installed a flashed Titan Ridge card in my machine broadly following the dsm guide for mac pro 5.1 as my MB has no header, omitting the open core as I have clover. I have borrowed relevant bits from the ssdt written for MP5.1. I overcame the problematic usb issue by getting a Caldigit ts3 docking station - loads of usb on that. My system sees the card as an Apple integrated card. I have video working via a BMD mini playback ultra studio . The issue Im having is although my Focusrite red audio interface and control app see the card and I have green lights - the focusrite is not working even with system audio. its strange that video is fine but this one device isnt. visually everything looks happy - bit stuck on this final part of the equation....any ideas?

I flashed my Asus ThunderboltEX 3 with the modified firmware and use SSDT-TBOLT3-RP21-ASUS-TB-EX3.aml

but I can't see it in PCI or Thunderbolt, a few questions:
1. Do I need to jump wire on the TB3 header?
2. I'm using Z490 Vision G so maybe I need to change SSDT?

Would you please suggest the version of Asus Thunderboltex 3 I have and correct FW to upload? Very sorry, confused with those.

Attachments

• TB3EX.jpg
    TB3EX.jpg
    847.4 KB · Views: 61
I am not really sure what one you should use it says your card is a Rev 1 but I remember @NorthAmTransAm had like 3 different cards and like 5 different firmware they were messing with. Here you can find a few. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...700k-amd-rx-580.267551/page-1640#post-2087524
I've tried all Alpine Ridge based, no luck so far. The one from Gigabyte sees external enclosure, but doesn't see the device inside it.
Would you suggest if those settings are correct for X299 BIOS?

Attachments

• BIOS_TB3_1.png
    BIOS_TB3_1.png
    211 KB · Views: 81
  • BIOS_TB3_2.png
    BIOS_TB3_2.png
    148.4 KB · Views: 88
I've tried all Alpine Ridge based, no luck so far. The one from Gigabyte sees external enclosure, but doesn't see the device inside it.
Would you suggest if those settings are correct for X299 BIOS?
I only have a gigabyte alpine ridge it is in a system that does not have a thunderbolt header, I use the alpine ridge flash and ssdt from this post. But a device needs to be plugged in at boot, but networking works and hotplug, as long as something was cold plugged. I also have a titan ridge it uses NVM33 Flash for the Designare and a custom DROM SSDT. It pretty much works like a real mac. Unless @NorthAmTransAm pops on to help you I can not be much help with any of the Asus Thunderboltex 3!

@k-Tracker @scottkendall sorry guys I've been a way for awhile. For the Asus EX3 I actually flashed back to OEM firmware and use an SSDT to get full nodes. I'll share that and my bios settings when I'm at my desk. If you've flashed already then sweet. Theres that sweet app for creating the accompanying SSDT and TBROM.

Back