RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
GC Alpine Ridge:

Modified firmware based on OSY method, and custom SSDT by @NorthAmTransAm & DSM2 code for DSB2 and USB.

"REQUIRED" 3 & 5 pin Jumper for force power; TB HDR cable causes thunderbolt to not function.

Behavior:
Plug on Warm/Cold Boot, Hot Plug, eGPU, Sleep without ejecting devices, 2.0/3.0 USB C works.

GC Titian Ridge: Still needs work for USB

Modified firmware by DSM2 (See next Post) , custom SSDT from who knows where with NHI0 section "this helped with sleep with drives" from DSM2 EFI.

"REQUIRED" 3 & 5 pin Jumper for force power; TB HDR cable causes thunderbolt to not function.

Behavior:
Plug on Warm/Cold Boot, Hot Plug, eGPU, eGPU needs to be ejected for sleep otherwise you receive disconnect error.

Both Cards are installed in RP21,PXSX bottom long slot for tests, if placed in PEG1,PEGP middle long slot titian does not work at all and the alpine has working usb, but not TB3.

Please do not cloud @CaseySJ build thread about how to flash your device and you take all risk onto yourself.

Attachments

• Titan Ridge.zip
    268.6 KB · Views: 1,221
  • Alpine Ridge V3 Firmware.zip
    298.8 KB · Views: 1,533
Last edited:
Last edited:
What card do you have? Can you send me the firmware and experiment with a flash?

I have some bin files that were used from the pre tests but they look all to be the same and I am unsure if they are from the alpine ridge or the Titian ridge. Cant we just grab the flash files from Gigabytes web site for the originals?

I have some bin files that were used from the pre tests but they look all to be the same and I am unsure if they are from the alpine ridge or the Titian ridge. Cant we just grab the flash files from Gigabytes web site for the originals?

If someone can figure out how to extract the contents of their setup.exe.

Im trying wine bottler now.

How to extract firmware from Gigabyte Installer

1) Open Installer with Wine
2) Run the Installer. This installs Gigabyte Flasher Software
3) In Finder go to User/Wine Files/Drive C/Temp
4) In User/Wine Files/Drive C/Program Files run FlashTBT and the folder will expand with the firmware inside it.

GC Alpine Ridge Firmware attached anyways! I believe this is V1.

A patched AlpineRidgeGA.bin is attached. Please use the SSDT attached with it for now to see if it works. Adjust RP21 to whatever you're on. Also remove TB Header cable.

Attachments

• setup.exe.zip
    70 MB · Views: 481
  • GIGABYTE_Z170X_SLI_AR_HR_4C_B1_rev21_W_AMA_W_Ti_1_7_6_SEC1_sign.bin.zip
    141.1 KB · Views: 309
  • SSDT-TB3_PXSX_RP21.aml
    6.1 KB · Views: 477
Last edited:
GC Alpine Ridge Firmware attached anyways! I believe this is V1.

A patched AlpineRidgeGA.bin is attached.

If your talking about the file with z170x_SLI_AR_HR_ETC....... I am not sure if that is the file either

Did you forget to attached your patched alpineridgGA.bin?

It is also likely V2 since V1 would have been on all the original cards :)

Last edited:
If your talking about the file with z170x_SLI_AR_HR_ETC....... I am not sure if that is the file either

Did you forget to attached your patched alpineridgGA.bin?

That file has the firmware we needed for it and I absolutely forgot!

Attached!

File removed. See post one for up to date file AlpineRidge-GC-V3.bin.

Last edited:
That one says From NCU is that the correct one? just want to make sure I use the correct file.
My naming scheme is sub par.

Correct, I patched the AlpineRidgeNUC.bin with the active partition of the GCAlpineRidge.bin.

At your own risk. Backup whats on there now.

My naming scheme is sub par.

Correct, I patched the AlpineRidgeNUC.bin with the active partition of the GCAlpineRidge.bin.

At your own risk. Backup whats on there now.

AlpineridgeNUC.bin is on there right now. My concern was no your naming scheme only that the file did not match the name in your post! :) you want this card installed with the Titan or by itself?

AlpineridgeNUC.bin is on there right now. My concern was no your naming scheme only that the file did not match the name in your post! :) you want this card installed with the Titan or by itself?

This for the Alpine card only!

Edit: I see, you two cards in. Pull the Titan Ridge card out :)

Back