Register

Thunderbolt 3 Modified Firmware Custom SSDT Discussion

Good Morning.

I'd like to see if someone can help me.

I have a Hackintosh mounted on:

C621 Aorus extreme

And I have the GC-TITAN RIDGE v 1.0

It was bought already flash for mac.

I have put it with the ssdt one for the X299 designare. I have switched and used two different from that motherboard.

I put the RP in RP05 it is the only change in the Ssdt that I have made

The problems are:

It doesn't work if I connect a device with the system booted.

It only works when you start the system with the device connected. But not always some times yes and others it is not strange that it does not always work.

Attached photos of thunderbolt options for you to see. Bios.

Do I need to record the bios?

If so, which one do you recommend?

Any guide to do it?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20201017_123739.jpg
    IMG_20201017_123739.jpg
    4.4 MB · Views: 237
  • IMG_20201017_123743.jpg
    IMG_20201017_123743.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Good Morning.

I'd like to see if someone can help me.

I have a Hackintosh mounted on:

C621 Aorus extreme

And I have the GC-TITAN RIDGE v 1.0

It was bought already flash for mac.

I have put it with the ssdt one for the X299 designare. I have switched and used two different from that motherboard.

I put the RP in RP05 it is the only change in the Ssdt that I have made

The problems are:

It doesn't work if I connect a device with the system booted.

It only works when you start the system with the device connected. But not always some times yes and others it is not strange that it does not always work.

Attached photos of thunderbolt options for you to see. Bios.

Do I need to record the bios?

If so, which one do you recommend?

Any guide to do it?

Thanks.
It looks like your card is flashed with NVM23 I personally did not have much luck using that firmware. I use the firmware that is for the Designare NVM33 on my Rev1 GC Titan Ridge. Also attached is the SSDT that I use!

Attachments

• Thunderbolt 3.zip
    3 KB · Views: 198
Interesting...I’m also on the 23EF64R (TR AIC V1.0) and getting, as you just 2x 20Gbps link!
@scottkendall: are you getting also “just” 20Gbps (capped) per Link or your card works just like real Mac where the bandwidth is dynamically allocated (I.e. connecting a 4X ext. NVME enclosure you get full speed on a single TB port)?

On the integrated TB3 TR on my Asrock X570 Creator I get only one port working but at full 40Gbps (4X) speed.

Thanks for your reply!!

Interesting...I’m also on the 23EF64R (TR AIC V1.0) and getting, as you just 2x 20Gbps link!
@scottkendall: are you getting also “just” 20Gbps (capped) per Link or your card works just like real Mac where the bandwidth is dynamically allocated (I.e. connecting a 4X ext. NVME enclosure you get full speed on a single TB port)?

On the integrated TB3 TR on my Asrock X570 Creator I get only one port working but at full 40Gbps (4X) speed.

Thanks for your reply!!

I never actually tested if I am getting the full link speed of 40Gbps but it shows 40Gbps:

Screen Shot 2020-11-04 at 3.07.04 AM.png
However, use a modified version of NVM 33 that is for the Designare z390 board on my GC-Titan Ridge AIC. I use the SSDT with modified DROM per Caseysj Mini Guide:

For some reason, though the SSDT is missing so I attached it here. You should still follow the DROM guide and generate your own.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 128
Thanks, very appreciated! :clap:
I will give it a try as soon as I get hold of the NVM 33 Fw...

Hello, I don't know if it's appropriate or whether anyone is here anymore, but I'm desperate RN and maybe kind people in this thread will help me.
If you take a look at my situation(I think it is similar to the thread's situation), I'll appreciate it.

I have a PC that has Alpine Ridge 4C 2016 (JHL6540) as USB controller.
It controls two USB C 3.0 ports that supports TB3.
Currently, it properly shows on Hackintools and works fine(without any SSDTs, only USBInjectAll.kext) until it goes to sleep and wake up again.
Then, the controller is gone and the port doesn't recognize USB 3.0 devices until I do cold boot again.

Thing is, I am trying to make it survive even after sleep(I am also suspecting it is somehow related to automatically waking up in sleep.).
I have searched for some time, and I found the first attachment.
It gives a proper name(XHC5) to the Alpine ridge controller, but it makes kernel panic when waking up from sleep.
Then I tried second attachment, which makes the controller get noticed reliably, but has the same problems as without SSDTs.

I want to make the USB C controller survive after sleep/reboot. I actually don't want TB3(don't have any devices with it) and just only want the USB controllers to work.
Can someone tell me what can I do? I am attaching some screenshots if it helps. Thanks again.

스크린샷 2021-01-17 20.51.44.png

Attachments

• SSDT-TB.aml
    5.7 KB · Views: 47
  • SSDT-TB3.aml
    1.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I got it mixed up with my other laptop that I am also currently hackintoshing. This Q was about my PC desktop(both has same Alpine Ridge 4C and same problem). Edited the post with correct words.

Hello, I don't know if it's appropriate or whether anyone is here anymore, but I'm desperate RN and maybe kind people in this thread will help me.
If you take a look at my situation(I think it is similar to the thread's situation), I'll appreciate it.

I have a PC that has Alpine Ridge 4C 2016 (JHL6540) as USB controller.
It controls two USB C 3.0 ports that supports TB3.
Currently, it properly shows on Hackintools and works fine(without any SSDTs, only USBInjectAll.kext) until it goes to sleep and wake up again.
Then, the controller is gone and the port doesn't recognize USB 3.0 devices until I do cold boot again.

Thing is, I am trying to make it survive even after sleep(I am also suspecting it is somehow related to automatically waking up in sleep.).
I have searched for some time, and I found the first attachment.
It gives a proper name(XHC5) to the Alpine ridge controller, but it makes kernel panic when waking up from sleep.
Then I tried second attachment, which makes the controller get noticed reliably, but has the same problems as without SSDTs.

I want to make the USB C controller survive after sleep/reboot. I actually don't want TB3(don't have any devices with it) and just only want the USB controllers to work.
Can someone tell me what can I do? I am attaching some screenshots if it helps. Thanks again.

View attachment 505323
You can try removing the THB C cable and putting a jumper from pin 3 -5 to force power. My system will not sleep with the cable connected.

Back