Contribute
Register

Thunderbolt 3 Modified Firmware Custom SSDT Discussion

Sorry for the Question.

I have a Asus Ex3 TB3 Card.

Its possible to install it on a Motherboard without TB3 Header like the Gigabyte Alpine or Titan Ridge?

Sorry for the Question.

I have a Asus Ex3 TB3 Card.

Its possible to install it on a Motherboard without TB3 Header like the Gigabyte Alpine or Titan Ridge?

It is my understanding that you will need to shut down the computer, remove the power cable and wait for around 15 seconds for the power to drain, connect and turn on Thunderbolt device, then plug in and turn on computer.

Also, I'd suggest using the SSDT on the other thread for full TB Node instead of flashing the EX3.

Hello everyone, hope someone can help me. I've been stuck at this for more than 4 hours, I can't get Thunderbolt to work, it says drivers are not loaded. The TB3 ports are detected in the PCI, but it doesn't show up in the TB tab. I've attached the files that are in my EFI partition in my main drive. What should I be doing for this to work? I'm using clover configurator 2.4k r4700. thanks

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 2.33.49 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 2.33.49 AM.png
    203.3 KB · Views: 115
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 2.40.48 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 2.40.48 AM.png
    341.1 KB · Views: 114
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 2.41.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-20 at 2.41.46 AM.png
    598.3 KB · Views: 148
Hello everyone, hope someone can help me. I've been stuck at this for more than 4 hours, I can't get Thunderbolt to work, it says drivers are not loaded. The TB3 ports are detected in the PCI, but it doesn't show up in the TB tab. I've attached the files that are in my EFI partition in my main drive. What should I be doing for this to work? I'm using clover configurator 2.4k r4700. thanks

Unless you have flashed the Firmware with an external programer to one of the modified firmwares you will not see anything in the Thunderbolt system information. If it shows up in the PCI list then technically it is working however, you may not get hot swap and stuff may only work if plugged in at boot. Since you have a z390. Designare you might want to check with the Designare Golden build thread for help with your Thunderbolt.

I had a Alpine Ridge with flashed ROM. I connect pin 3 and 5 so no header/cable to Z490 Vision D.
TB3 works perfectly with hot plug. However, I can't get USB work.
I see USB controller info in System Information - PCI but can't use USBC card reader or any USBC device.

It is my understanding that you will need to shut down the computer, remove the power cable and wait for around 15 seconds for the power to drain, connect and turn on Thunderbolt device, then plug in and turn on computer.

Also, I'd suggest using the SSDT on the other thread for full TB Node instead of flashing the EX3.

I had a Alpine Ridge with flashed ROM. I connect pin 3 and 5 so no header/cable to Z490 Vision D.
TB3 works perfectly with hot plug. However, I can't get USB work.
I see USB controller info in System Information - PCI but can't use USBC card reader or any USBC device.

it has something to do with the SSDT you are using I had the USB working the alpine ridge.

Thank you for the info. I use RP21 for Alpine Ridge SSDT and I do have one USB SSDT for onboard USB.
Could you take a look of my SSDT?

it has something to do with the SSDT you are using I had the USB working the alpine ridge.

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3-RP21.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 91
Thank you for the info. I use RP21 for Alpine Ridge SSDT and I do have one USB SSDT for onboard USB.
Could you take a look of my SSDT?
I really was only doing some testing you could try the SSDT on the first post I think the USB was working.

Back