Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z490M Gaming X
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
Radeon Pro WX 4100 4 GB
Hey all - Was wondering if the ASUS ThunderboltEX 3-TR Expansion Card for Z490 will work under Catalina (assuming a motherboard with TB3 headers like GIGABYTE Z490M Gaming X) or does this require SSDT patching and hackery?

I see that unless hot-plug functionality is desired, the Titan Ridge controller will work just fine under Catalina.

I see that unless hot-plug functionality is desired, the Titan Ridge controller will work just fine under Catalina.

You should have an SSDT either way and it is possible to have hotplug with just SSDT but that does not mean everything will work. Better implementation can be reached by flashing a modified firmware via external flashing device.

You should have an SSDT either way and it is possible to have hotplug with just SSDT but that does not mean everything will work. Better implementation can be reached by flashing a modified firmware via external flashing device.

ah. I definitely don’t have the stomach (or equipment) for an external device based firmware flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back