Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170x Ultra Gaming
CPU
I7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 750 Ti + HD 530
Hello,
my mobo is the z170x ultra gaming, it has a usb 3.1 type c/thunderbolt 3 port. I can't get my uad apollo to work with el capitan. On windows it is detected. I updated the drivers, the framework and used tbt flash. I downloaded a fresh copy of the uad installation for mac but still, the control panel says driver not installed correctly. Is it possible to make this work ? Or is it only Sierra compatible ?

Hello,
my mobo is the z170x ultra gaming, it has a usb 3.1 type c/thunderbolt 3 port. I can't get my uad apollo to work with el capitan. On windows it is detected. I updated the drivers, the framework and used tbt flash. I downloaded a fresh copy of the uad installation for mac but still, the control panel says driver not installed correctly. Is it possible to make this work ? Or is it only Sierra compatible ?

Thanks for your feedback. I was thinking to build a Hackintosh based around the new usb 3 type thunderbolt 3 port protocol for my UAD Apollo Quad thunderbolt as well and and concerned about compatibility. Did you have any success getting it to work yet?

Helllo
Yes i did ! It just suddenly worked. I reflashed the mobo with the thunderbolt firmware installer on win, then deleted a Kext, rebooted a couple of times and boom.
If your interface is detected by windows, there is a way to make os detect it also

Thats great news. Can you tell me which tower case you chose that gave you access to use the USB type-C port for your thunderbolt connection to the Apollo? I've been researching but not finding many affordable cases supporting this port. I assume you also then added an adapter from the port right?

Sorry for the late response. It's not about the case, it's about the motherboard (which has to fit in the case) or the PCI cards you can add on. My motherboard is the GA-Z170x Ultra Gaming, it has a USB 3 Type C Input. If your mobo doesn't have a thunderbolt compatible port, you can buy these

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016DQ1SO6/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
(i didn't try this particular card, but I guess it works)

Note : if you need a tbt 3 to tbt 2 adapter, check on the ua website which one are tested and working with the apollo. I personally use the Startech adapter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back