Contribute
Register

Thunderbolt 3, Coffee Lake 8700K, Apollo Interfaces

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the Gigabyte z370xp sli, i7 8700k and the GC Alpine Ridge thunderbolt 3 AIC and I use an apogee element 24 (via thunderbolt with apple thunderbolt 2 to 3 adapter) and it works perfectly with logic pro x!
Do you need to reboot yours into Windows to get the Thunderbolt device working? That seems to be something a lot of z370 builds are dealing with.

No i do not. One thing i will recommend is that you update the BIOS to the latest update. I first started by installing the card with an older version of the BIOS and I had to boot into windows sometimes to get it to work but sometimes that wouldn't work. Once I updated the BIOS I reinstalled Windows and macOS and went into Windows once and never have to again. I can just boot into macOS every time and the thunderbolt works.

I have the Gigabyte z370xp sli, i7 8700k and the GC Alpine Ridge thunderbolt 3 AIC and I use an apogee element 24 (via thunderbolt with apple thunderbolt 2 to 3 adapter) and it works perfectly with logic pro x!

Hi,
Is the apogee element 24 still stable with the Apogee Control Software?

I have an i7 8700k with Asus Prime z370-a ThunderboltEX 3 AIC (i think Alpine Ridge too)

I think must work, the motherboard and thunderbolt pci card are very similar in specs like yours

Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Hi guys, I need your advice with my first built. My former desktop is currently on windows, I use ProTools11 and an audient interface, I'm probably going to subscribe to ProTools ultimate and I'm interested in the new apollo but the mobo I bought has no TB header, it has wifi but if I understand correctly the built in wifi won't work with the OS.
I bought the following parts:

i7 8700k
Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING
MSI Radeon RX 560 4G
DDR4 Corsair 4 x 8 Go, 3000 MHz
Be Quiet! Dark Rock 4
Intel 256 Go, M.2
Samsung 860 2 x 500 Go
Seagate BarraCuda, 1 To
Seasonic PRIME Ultra Platinum 550W
Fractal case

Should I sell the Asus Z370-E and get an Asus Prime Z370-A or something else?

Thank you,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back