Motherboard
ASRock X399 Taichi
CPU
Ryzen Threadripper 1950x
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Any recommendations - I've looked at the Gigabyte GC Alpine Ridge AIC Thunderbolt 3 Certified AIC Add-in Card - but it appears difficult to get working, if it works at all.

Are there other TB3 cards that require a less painful setup?

Any recommendations - I've looked at the Gigabyte GC Alpine Ridge AIC Thunderbolt 3 Certified AIC Add-in Card - but it appears difficult to get working, if it works at all.

Are there other TB3 cards that require a less painful setup?

To use one of these cards you will need a compatible motherboard that has a thunderbolt header ( like the USB headers for the case). But looking at your profile you haven’t filled in your system specs (rules require it) and it’s anyones guess whether you can install one or not?

I'm a to-be hackintosher, I suppose. I was also looking into the GC Alpine Ridge AIC, but decided to change plans since the mobo that I was planning on buying to put the AIC into has gotten some worrisome reviews (Aorus Ultra Gaming). Instead, I've opted for Asus and the following items:

Asus Prime Z370-A
Asus ThunderboltEX III

Haven't tried it yet of course since I've just ordered/got these items. But there's a thread here which states success using the Asus Thunderbolt AIC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back