Graphics
HD3k & Radeon 6450M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I upgraded my 10.8.4 to 10.9 today and used the ProBook Installer 6.1.9, everything works but i have three issues:
the console is spammed by messages like that:
Oct 23 14:28:03 My-ProBook kernel[0]: SMC::smcReadKeyAction ERROR F1Mn kSMCBadArgumentError(0x89) fKeyHashTable=0x0xffffff8013f8c600

The trackpad seems to have the draglock enabled at all times disregarding the checkbox in system prefs.

Also, the Power button is now sleeping the display and not bringing the Shutdown-Restart-Sleep box.

Also, the Power button is now sleeping the display and not bringing the Shutdown-Restart-Sleep box.

I can't answer the other two problems you are having, but I'm reasonably certain this is a lower level change by Apple on ALL laptops.

Press and hold for a second to pop up the box now.

I upgraded my 10.8.4 to 10.9 today and used the ProBook Installer 6.1.9, everything works but i have three issues:
the console is spammed by messages like that:

Are you using iStat menus?

The trackpad seems to have the draglock enabled at all times disregarding the checkbox in system prefs.

By design. Just like my MacBookAir. It is in drag-lock for about 1 second or until you tap.

By design. A change made by Apple. My MacBookAir does the same thing. Ctrl+PowerButton works for the menu.

Thanks for replys.

Are you using iStat menus?
I was a long time ago (I moved to iStat Pro Dashboard widget) but maybe there are some old kexts left, how do I get rid of them ?

Also, just noticed that in console:
Oct 23 15:25:47 localhost kernel[0]: USBF: 1.260 The IOUSBFamily is having trouble enumerating a USB device that has been plugged in. It will keep retrying. (Port 6 of Hub at 0x1d100000)

Everything works fine and I don't think i have USB 3 on my laptop.

Also, just noticed it is not going to sleep.

EDIT:
I resolved the log spam by removing smcFanControl.
I also removed SMCPingDeamon and it appears that it was not letting my computer to sleep :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back