Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> (Thread outdated) Asus ROG Strix Scar II Various Issues (USB, TP, Clover)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Strix HERO II Laptop
CPU
i7-8750H/HM370
Graphics
UHD 630+RTX 2060
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi!
I finally managed to get the installer to go past the initial stages and as long as I use my USB drive, I can successfully boot into Mojave. However, I am having a few issues with my installation.
-Clover says the installation was successful on my SSD, but I cannot see my SSD in BIOS, so I have to use my USB drive to boot into Clover, and then into Mojave.
-Trackpad does not work. VoodooPS2Controller makes the laptop restart itself when I try to boot into Mojave, and VoodooI2C simply does nothing.
-USB drives are not recognized by the laptop. However, the USB ports work fine as I am able to sync an iPhone and plug in a mouse just fine. I have USBInjectAll.kext installed.
I will attach the EFI folder that is on my USB drive that I use to boot. I am using the config.plist for UHD 630.
I believe all I need to do is get Clover working on my SSD, get USB drives to work properly, use the config/EFI that I have on the USB drive. From there, I can sort out things like audio and my trackpad.
As a side-note for the USB issue, USB drives will not show up in terminal with diskutil list or in Disk Utility on my laptop.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.9 MB · Views: 238
I want to thank you, bro. Your EFI has successfully help my laptop to boot into Installation!!

I want to thank you, bro. Your EFI has successfully help my laptop to boot into Installation!!
I’m glad my EFI has helped you. It took me a very long time to find the right combination of kexts and drivers to be able to get into the boot screen. Let me know if you are able to get anything else working or if you’ve done anything that could help me out. I’m going to update this thread as I continue to work on the laptop’s issues. Hopefully I will get a golden build soon. :)

I’m glad my EFI has helped you. It took me a very long time to find the right combination of kexts and drivers to be able to get into the boot screen. Let me know if you are able to get anything else working or if you’ve done anything that could help me out. I’m going to update this thread as I continue to work on the laptop’s issues. Hopefully I will get a golden build soon. :)
And now I am trying to fix the audio issues.

EDIT: I am going to mark this thread as "solved".
I am going to try and solve my issues one-by-one, and I will create a new thread with proper reporting files and information.

EDIT: I am going to mark this thread as "solved".
I am going to try and solve my issues one-by-one, and I will create a new thread with proper reporting files and information.
Hi, have you gotten the touchpad to work?
Sound works if you use AppleALC layout 21 (ALC294).
..well, touchpad works now.

Last edited:
Hi, have you gotten the touchpad to work?
Sound works if you use AppleALC layout 21 (ALC294).
..well, touchpad works now.

I tried all, I have ROG Strix II GL504GW but I haven't sound, also with AppleALC with your codec (layout-id). Mic works but sound from speaker and and headphones doesn't work. Can you help me? Thanks! (I'm using OpenCore 0.5.9 and Catalina 10.15.5)

I tried all, I have ROG Strix II GL504GW but I haven't sound, also with AppleALC with your codec (layout-id). Mic works but sound from speaker and and headphones doesn't work. Can you help me? Thanks! (I'm using OpenCore 0.5.9 and Catalina 10.15.5)
Make sure you don't have any other sound extensions (such as VoodooHDA), and make sure that AppleHDA is NOT patched in any way.
Also please double check in windows what your codec is.

Make sure you don't have any other sound extensions (such as VoodooHDA), and make sure that AppleHDA is NOT patched in any way.
Also please double check in windows what your codec is.

Hello, I haven't VoodooHDA (double checked) in attachment my codec_dump and config of OpenCore let me know if it's correct. Thank you!

Attachments

• codec_dump.txt
    10.9 KB · Views: 48
  • config.plist
    19.7 KB · Views: 42
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back