Ati Radeon HD 5770 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I tried to purchase Lion on the app store
but its telling me that this version of Mac ox X 10.7 is not compatible with my computer

what do i do?

im running 10.6.8

adamfilip said:
I tried to purchase Lion on the app store
but its telling me that this version of Mac ox X 10.7 is not compatible with my computer

what do i do?

im running 10.6.8

I say wait a bit for Tony to post his guide/solution? Someone here will figure out a workaround. Sucks that it happened because I was able to purchase it easily and it's downloading as I type this on my hackintosh. Sorry...

i have got the full retail version of mac os x on my m11x, but when i'am going to buy Lion of the store it says: We could not complete your purchase
Mac OS X 10.7 Lion requires a Core 2 Duo, Core i3, Core i5, Core i7, or Xeon processor.
but i do have a Core 2 Duo? anyone got an idea on what i can do? :crazy:
10.6.8 was just installed after ages of trying to get WiFi working, all i want is Lion to download :rolleyes: hope you guys can help :D

They might just be getting too much traffic. I got errors 3 times before it started downloading.

Try again...

Will advise on if update works.

Ty

how can i find out if i have 64 bit :S lol... :oops:

nevermind got it.

Bummer, will have to wait until there's a 64bit driver for my Terratec audio interface then.

ArKay said:
Bummer, will have to wait until there's a 64bit driver for my Terratec audio interface then.

I don't know that 32/64 bit is the issue anyway.

I am running 64 bit and still can't download it from the app store.

peaterk said:
ArKay said:

I don't know that 32/64 bit is the issue anyway.

I am running 64 bit and still can't download it from the app store.

If there's no 32bit mode anymore I will have to use onboard sound which pretty much sucks.

Maybe it's the Boot ROM version string then? Ah well, gotta wait for more info. It's only been out for a couple of hours :)

ArKay said:
If there's no 32bit mode anymore I will have to use onboard sound which pretty much sucks.

It is still there, otherwise the 1st gen MacPros wouldn´t be able to run Lion because of their 32bit-EFI, which won´t boot into 64bit-mode.
Only the Finder (and all the other applications) are 64bit-only, but the kernel is not.

I'm having issues with this as well, not able to download it from the MAS. My identifier is MacPro3,1, and i've tried 5,1 as well. The boot ROM is the tonymac one though, and i have no idea how to change that...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back