i9 9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Folks,

I'm attempting my first hack an ran into a problem I can't find any solutions for.

My System is:
- Intel I9 9900K
- Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
- Asus Vega 64 8GB
- 32 GB DDR4 RAM by G.Skill (2x 16 GB Sticks)
- Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe SSD

I followed this guide to set up my system, and also refered to this thread a lot. In the installation process (bootable stick via Unibeast, Bios settings from the 2nd threat) I ran into the "15 minutes left" crash, but worked this out by putting in OSxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi instead of AptioMemoryFix.efi.
So, after 2 days of struggling, I finally had Mojave up and "running". Now I followed the post installation guide by @CaseySJ step by step, using Multibeast and Clover Configurator. Only difference is, that I used the SSTDs from the threat by @jbarnette, as he uses the same mobo and GPU as I do.
I set the machine to be an MacMini8,1 and rebooted after I finished all the steps from the post installation guide.
When I tried booting from the 970EVO (btw it's not a EVO Plus, as these are unstable), all I got was this message: Error Code

I found the picture in this Thread, and it suggested that is is coming up, because hardware and defined mac model don't work together. So I went back and booted my Mojave install via the USB bootstick. I mounted my EFI folder with CloverConigurator and changed the mac model to IMac (the one with the I9 9900k).
Tried to boot again, same error.
Booted via stick again, mounted EFI and switched out all files in /Clover/ACPI, kext/other and drivers64UEFI with those from Jbarnettes EFI he posted in his thread.
Rebooted, and still the same problem.

Also, in about this mac, my machine is defined as IMac (2013) and the CPU is shown as unknown, 3,2 GHz. This doesn't change, even if I change the definition in CloverConfig.

I hope this is detailed enough, if needed I can attach screenshots of my Bios settings, my efi folder, CloverConfig settings etc.

I really would appreciate help, as I'm more or less a noob in this regard.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Radialer

The Rules said:
Please use the search function before creating a new topic. The question that you ask may have already been answered

Search

Hey Folks,

I'm attempting my first hack an ran into a problem I can't find any solutions for.

My System is:
- Intel I9 9900K
- Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
- Asus Vega 64 8GB
- 32 GB DDR4 RAM by G.Skill (2x 16 GB Sticks)
- Samsung 970 EVO 500GB NVMe SSD

I followed this guide to set up my system, and also refered to this thread a lot. In the installation process (bootable stick via Unibeast, Bios settings from the 2nd threat) I ran into the "15 minutes left" crash, but worked this out by putting in OSxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi instead of AptioMemoryFix.efi.
So, after 2 days of struggling, I finally had Mojave up and "running". Now I followed the post installation guide by @CaseySJ step by step, using Multibeast and Clover Configurator. Only difference is, that I used the SSTDs from the threat by @jbarnette, as he uses the same mobo and GPU as I do.
I set the machine to be an MacMini8,1 and rebooted after I finished all the steps from the post installation guide.
When I tried booting from the 970EVO (btw it's not a EVO Plus, as these are unstable), all I got was this message: Error Code

I found the picture in this Thread, and it suggested that is is coming up, because hardware and defined mac model don't work together. So I went back and booted my Mojave install via the USB bootstick. I mounted my EFI folder with CloverConigurator and changed the mac model to IMac (the one with the I9 9900k).
Tried to boot again, same error.
Booted via stick again, mounted EFI and switched out all files in /Clover/ACPI, kext/other and drivers64UEFI with those from Jbarnettes EFI he posted in his thread.
Rebooted, and still the same problem.

Also, in about this mac, my machine is defined as IMac (2013) and the CPU is shown as unknown, 3,2 GHz. This doesn't change, even if I change the definition in CloverConfig.

I hope this is detailed enough, if needed I can attach screenshots of my Bios settings, my efi folder, CloverConfig settings etc.

I really would appreciate help, as I'm more or less a noob in this regard.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Radialer

Boot flags -no_compat_check , it will help you boot.

I thought my problem will probably be something different
No, the SMBIOS that you are using is incompatible with the OS version that you have installed.

@P1LGRIM
I followed this Guide, but still the same issue.
As I am really new to this, can anybody walk me through this? Where do I tackle this issue? Is CloverConfigurator the right place?

I'm guessing it has to do with the SMBIOS page, but I'm pretty overwhelmed by options.

See Post #3

compat.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back