CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
MSI GTX 1070
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I had set up my first hackintosh and decided to install the latest macOS Sierra. I was using it for a day already, but then I've decided to update multibeast config (add some more options, but can't remember which ones without going through it again). I had also ran EFI Mounter v3, then restart the computer to change igpu memory and now the boot drive is no longer detected, I get the error "This version of mac os x is not supported on this platform!" when booting with verbose flag.

Hardware specs are in my profile description.
I've tried booting with flags `nv_disable=1 InjectIntel=True` and also `IGPEnabler=Yes` instead of InjectIntel=True, but nothing helped.

Changing igpu memory back to initial value (32MB) didn't change anything.

SMBIOS shows MacPro3,1, this was set for me in multibeast by default.

Any ideas of what else could I try?

Use MultiBeast to change just the System Definition to iMac14,2. Apple has stopped supporting older systems including the MacPro3,1.

Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac14,2

BTW, the GTX 1070 is not yet supported by the Nvidia web drivers. Lots of us awaiting those drivers.

Use MultiBeast to change just the System Definition to iMac14,2. Apple has stopped supporting older systems including the MacPro3,1.

Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac14,2

BTW, the GTX 1070 is not yet supported by the Nvidia web drivers. Lots of us awaiting those drivers.

How? As said, I can't even boot into the system. Not even recovery.

And I know the gtx 1070 isn't supported, that's the reason I'm using igpu.

Your only choice is to boot with the UniBeast (v8) installation USB thumb drive (put MultiBeast for El Caption on it - MultiBeast for Sierra will be out soon) and boot your Sierra installation. Then, run MultiBeast changing just the System Definition.

Your only choice is to boot with the UniBeast (v8) installation USB thumb drive (put MultiBeast for El Caption on it - MultiBeast for Sierra will be out soon) and boot your Sierra installation. Then, run MultiBeast changing just the System Definition.

Something very interesting happened. I left the hackintosh machine turned off for a few hours and now when I've tried to boot into usb it still failed, but then I've rebooted and it detected the original drive again, without ever trying to fix anything. Not sure why this would happen.

Now before I break something again, any recommendations of what else should I change except the System Definitions?

MultiBeast v9 for Sierra is out.

MultiBeast v9 for Sierra is out.

Thanks for letting me know. I haven't rebooted since changing to iMac14,2, but I did after using newest MultiBeast and Clover is working perfectly now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back