Contribute
Register

This is my overclock settings, safe or should I adjust?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jocelyn84 said:
Those temps are fine and safe, but they do seem a little high for 3.2Ghz. It probably has to do with your cases airflow or you may need to reseat the cooler. However, if you're content with 3.2 by all means keep everything as is. Remember you can always try to undervolt for even better temps.

kk so i finally got windows installed, did lnx 10 runs and real temp read at 65 62 63 62

I reseated the cooler. lowered the voltage to ~1.7 and ran lnx for 10 minutes quick run i know just to see and temps lowered to 64 59 61 59.

Just wondering, to know if there is a problem with these speeds and voltages, these programs like lnx and prime95 will throw a red flag somewhere? or is it all about watching realtemp work?

If there's an error, they will both either stop or you'll just blue screen. I generally run 3 passes with max problem size until I get an error via LinX, then bump it back up until I can pass 20 times without errors. After that I run Prime95 for 24 hours, but 12 is fine. You're no where near temp max limits, so there's not too much of a need to be concerned about temps. You should still monitor them while testing. You might want to get CPU-Z as well, so you can see what voltage your cpu is running under 100% load. If you have LLC enabled/without Vdroop, your Vcore runs low @ Idle and goes up a little bit under load. Inversely, if you have LLC disabled/with Vdroop, your idle Vcore is higher and goes down when its under 100% load.

Do you have LLC enabled or disabled? Again I'm just curious, because because a 1.7v with LLC disabled, would probably be 1.2x idle and 1.2x under load.

Jocelyn84 said:
If there's an error, they will both either stop or you'll just blue screen. I generally run 3 passes with max problem size until I get an error via LinX, then bump it back up until I can pass 20 times without errors. After that I run Prime95 for 24 hours, but 12 is fine. You're no where near temp max limits, so there's not too much of a need to be concerned about temps. You should still monitor them while testing. You might want to get CPU-Z as well, so you can see what voltage your cpu is running under 100% load. If you have LLC enabled/without Vdroop, your Vcore runs low @ Idle and goes up a little bit under load. Inversely, if you have LLC disabled/with Vdroop, your idle Vcore is higher and goes down when its under 100% load.

Do you have LLC enabled or disabled? Again I'm just curious, because because a 1.7v with LLC disabled, would probably be 1.2x idle and 1.2x under load.

Oh ye. I'm sorry. I think I meant to write 1.17 , isn't 1.7 voltage craziness?

llc is disabled, manual says, it sets vdroop to intel specs.

level 1, is enables llc and adjusts vdroop slightly

level 2, is enables llc and adjusts vdroop moderatly

That's all it says.

side note:
I had a chat with G.skill and they want me to replace a ram module. We both came to agree that one of them seems faulty. So right now im running just two sticks in dual channel configuration. Everything else the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back