Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo ThinkPad E550
CPU
i3-4005U
Graphics
HD 4400
Hey all, this is my first Hackintosh and I am at the screen where I go through the install steps. I am trying to download Mac os el capitan but I keep getting an error saying "this copy of the install OS X El Capitan application can't be verified. it may have been corrupted or tampered with during downloading."

I tried changing the date on my Hackintosh in the terminal with several different dates but nothing has worked, I also tried remaking the installer but that also didn't work.

To make the installer I used open cores legacy offline method.

hardware:
laptop-ThinkPad e550
processor-i3 4005u
graphics- intel 4400
wifi-dual band AC 3160
storage-ddr3 4gb

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Hey all, this is my first Hackintosh and I am at the screen where I go through the install steps. I am trying to download Mac os el capitan but I keep getting an error saying "this copy of the install OS X El Capitan application can't be verified. it may have been corrupted or tampered with during downloading."

I tried changing the date on my Hackintosh in the terminal with several different dates but nothing has worked, I also tried remaking the installer but that also didn't work.

To make the installer I used open cores legacy offline method.

hardware:
laptop-ThinkPad e550
processor-i3 4005u
graphics- intel 4400
wifi-dual band AC 3160
storage-ddr3 4gb

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Hi there.

Well you are on the right track because the error means the validation certificate has expired.

Where are you downloading the installer from? Or is this a file in your personal library?

The reason for asking is that Apple updated certificates for installers, but for how long...

Sometimes the system date change by Terminal doesn't hold as the OS reads the BIOS and reverts the date. One way around this is to change the actual BIOS date and ensure you have temporarily disconnected from the Internet when you build the installer USB.

Hi there.

Well you are on the right track because the error means the validation certificate has expired.

Where are you downloading the installer from? Or is this a file in your personal library?

The reason for asking is that Apple updated certificates for installers, but for how long...

Sometimes the system date change by Terminal doesn't hold as the OS reads the BIOS and reverts the date. One way around this is to change the actual BIOS date and ensure you have temporarily disconnected from the Internet when you build the installer USB.
I got the installer from apples website (https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211683). I also did try changing the date in the BIOS and disabling the internet while making the USB, but neither of those options worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back