Contribute
Register

This copy of the install OS X Mountain Lion is damaged and cant be used to install OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo G460
CPU
Intel Core i5 520M
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce 310M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Can anyone confirm that when you open the unibeast usb and click on the install os x mountain lion icon you get the message 'This copy of the install OS X Mountain Lion is damaged and cant be used to install OS X' or is this just happening to me? Thanks in advance

Can anyone confirm that when you open the unibeast usb and click on the install os x mountain lion icon you get the message 'This copy of the install OS X Mountain Lion is damaged and cant be used to install OS X' or is this just happening to me? Thanks in advance

the install os x mountain lion icon should be hidden, not intended for you to run the program (my USB is created by unibeast 1.5.3)

That is not how you use the Unibeast flash drive. You need to boot the Unibeast flash drive just like it was another hard drive. When the window with the red apple appears, type -x

Then use the arrow keys to highlight the Unibeast drive and press <Enter>.

When you reach the installer, there will be a question about language. Answer it.

In the next window, go to the Utilities menu and select Disk Utility. Erase (format) your target ML drive as Mac OS X Extended (journaled).

Quit Disk Utility from the File menu and continue with the installer.

i have also created with unibeast 1.5.3 and its not hidden

That is not how you use the Unibeast flash drive. You need to boot the Unibeast flash drive just like it was another hard drive. When the window with the red apple appears, type -x

Then use the arrow keys to highlight the Unibeast drive and press <Enter>.

When you reach the installer, there will be a question about language. Answer it.

In the next window, go to the Utilities menu and select Disk Utility. Erase (format) your target ML drive as Mac OS X Extended (journaled).

Quit Disk Utility from the File menu and continue with the installer.

Lol i know that but just wanted to check with others about the install os x icon. Wanted to know whether its normal or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back