Contribute
Register

This copy of the install OS X Mountain Lion is damaged and cant be used to install OS X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo G460
CPU
Intel Core i5 520M
Graphics
Nvidia GeForce 310M
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Can anyone confirm that when you open the unibeast usb and click on the install os x mountain lion icon you get the message 'This copy of the install OS X Mountain Lion is damaged and cant be used to install OS X' or is this just happening to me? Thanks in advance

this is not just you, when you use unibeast to create a ML or lion installer it modifies the installer and adds the chimera bootloader so you can install it on your hackintosh, but doing this prevents it from meeting apples verification if you try and run it from the os.

boot in with the usb device in order to install OS X. if you still think you have a bad copy you could try rerunning unibeast but that error should be there if unibeast did its thing properly

Don't run the Install Mac OS X Lion.app from the UniBeast USB. Just boot with it and install from there. And yes, you aren't alone. It always says that for me. It's because it modifies the installer with Chimera and stuff, like jtscuba said.

Got it. Thanks guys for clearing that up. :) Cheers

I'm installing it from the usb from BIOS but still get this error. Can someone help me out with this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back