Contribute
Register

"This copy of the Install macOS High Sierra application is damaged"

Status
Not open for further replies.
"This copy of the Install macOS High Sierra application is damaged, and can't be used to install macOS." is the error message I receive when I choose to install macOS from the Disk Utility. The installer is over 5 GB so I have the full installer and I've used the UniBeast and the Public Beta method. This is the third time this has happened and I'm beginning to get annoyed. Any help out there?

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

I am running into this issue and my date is current. Still, doesn't change the outcome that I receive the same error. Motherboard is an Asus P8H61-I with 8GB DDR3 and Core i7 2600(not k) Tried pretty much everything. USB is configured for BIOS rather than UEFI as I cannot find where to turn off secure boot. Spent the whole day fiddling.

@fromage9747, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

I had the same issue with a previously downloaded installer that worked last year, but now says its damaged.
A bit of googling said its the date. You need to set the unix date to a day or so after the date when you downloaded the installer from apple.
I changed the date in my BIOS to a day after the date on the installer file.
From the installer window, click utilities, terminal and type this
date
this should comfirm that UNIX has picked up the date from the MOBO clock.
if not, you can set the date manually by typing...
date mmddhhmmyy
quit terminal and the installer error should go away.

Last edited:
Also happens after you use Time Machine backup. the file will get the error. You can delete it and redownload from your source and try again. Just make sure to right click on the app and select show content > click on any files inside and notice what time they were added (finder shows on the right side where file info is) > change time in system preferences to that date and you are good to go. works until you use Time Machine again lol

It seems the certificate expired for the Installer Package on the App store some time in October. If you go in to terminal while installing, you can change the date.

This worked for me:

date 0712122318

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back