Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi all,

I have the new Broadwell based NUC (NUC5i5RYH) that's been running Win8.1, because I couldn't get past the boot screen of the previous OS X installer. So now, with 10.10.3 out, I rushed to download it and tried a hand at installing it, using simple Unibeast.

It was a pain, but I did manage to get it installed with these boot args:

npci=0x200 -v -x UseKernelCache=no PCIRootUID=1 cpus=1 maxmem=4096

But it made my mouse and keyboard jumpy and erratic as heck. And I was barely able to run disk utility, format and give a name to my main HD.

Afterwards, I boot from the Unibeast -> new install, and my mouse and keyboard do not work at all. I'm stuck at the language screen. Using the boot args above to boot into the new install gives some semblance of mouse and keyboard control, but the jerkiness essentially makes the computer useless.

I'm this close to having OS X on my new lovely NUC. This close, I tell ya.

What do I have to do get decent mouse and keyboard? Please help me. I'll try anything. I was up until wee hours of the morning, barely slept before work, and my eyes are bloodshot from reading through forums and trying out all sorts of methods to get mouse/keyboard to work. I'm so close to getting OS X, but I'm also this close to just chucking this $800 pain in the arse out the window.

Please help me before I do something rash :)

S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back