Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Intel GM965
CPU
Intel Core2Duo T7100
Graphics
GMA X3100
Dear all, I got the following Thinkpad X61 sitting around and I would like to give it a try with Mac OS:

CPU: Core2Duo T7100 1.8ghz (Merom)
BIOS: Middleton, which enables SATA2 support and allows me to replace the stock WIFI card with a Mac compatible BCM4322 one (working fine under Windows XP), set to AHCI mode, Serial port off, no VT...,etc. standard Hackintosh's BIOS settings.
Ram: 4GB
Hard disk = 500GB, not yet formatted.

So it isn't a Penyrn Core2Duo and thus, can go no higher than El Capitan that I am aware of but this laptop is bona fide 64-bit (coz it runs Windows 7 64-bit).

With some research over this website, I figure Unibeast will do the trick which I managed to create a USB EL Capitan boot drive (Legacy mode).

However, it is a no-go once I get to the Clover boot screen and select Install from the USB (see attachment).

Am I missing something? TIA.

Attachments

• IMG_2647.JPG
    IMG_2647.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_2650.JPG
    IMG_2650.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 122
Dear all, I got the following Thinkpad X61 sitting around and I would like to give it a try with Mac OS:

CPU: Core2Duo T7100 1.8ghz (Merom)
BIOS: Middleton, which enables SATA2 support and allows me to replace the stock WIFI card with a Mac compatible BCM4322 one (working fine under Windows XP), set to AHCI mode, Serial port off, no VT...,etc. standard Hackintosh's BIOS settings.
Ram: 4GB
Hard disk = 500GB, not yet formatted.

So it isn't a Penyrn Core2Duo and thus, can go no higher than El Capitan that I am aware of but this laptop is bona fide 64-bit (coz it runs Windows 7 64-bit).

With some research over this website, I figure Unibeast will do the trick which I managed to create a USB EL Capitan boot drive (Legacy mode).

However, it is a no-go once I get to the Clover boot screen and select Install from the USB (see attachment).

Am I missing something? TIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back