Gigabyte H170N-WIFI
CPU
Intel i5 6500
Graphics
Gainward GTX 1060
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello,

I need help installing macOS on my Thinkpad X240. I can boot into clover, but when I select the installation drive
the computer reboots after a while showing the apple logo. I tried to boot with -v flag, but there are no information displayed.

Would you please help me? What do you need?
pthr

Edit:
it's a Haswell processor

Attachments

• Datei 11.05.17, 18 17 10.jpeg
    Datei 11.05.17, 18 17 10.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 781
single user and save mode doesn't change anything :(

Hi,

I know it's an old post but does anybody has the solution ?

My X240 i3 4010U is not booting the installer.....

I tried MBR and UEFI Clover High Sierra install with various boot options (-x -v -f...) and still reboot is occurring after few seconds without anything displayed on the screen.

Tried various bios settings (disabled intel vtd, virtualization, secure boot, antitheft....) without any chance to boot correctly.

My bios is still the default one (I am waiting to have a successfull install before trying to dump and ask for a bios patch to remove whitelist for the wireless card.

Thanks a lot for any feedback

Hi,

I know it's an old post but does anybody has the solution ?

My X240 i3 4010U is not booting the installer.....

I tried MBR and UEFI Clover High Sierra install with various boot options (-x -v -f...) and still reboot is occurring after few seconds without anything displayed on the screen.

Tried various bios settings (disabled intel vtd, virtualization, secure boot, antitheft....) without any chance to boot correctly.

My bios is still the default one (I am waiting to have a successfull install before trying to dump and ask for a bios patch to remove whitelist for the wireless card.

Thanks a lot for any feedback

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Same issue here, I followed this guide exactly https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-thinkpad-x240.245583/ still no boot after Clover, same as poster above. I noticed if i set BIOS to UEFI and disable CSM, it will boot but freeze at
"OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for: \system\library\coreservices\boot.efi" Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no" +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I tried many versions of OSXAptioFixDrv including the one with the 2000 in it, OSXAptioFix2Drv, and many others to no available. I also tried using known-good config.plist that were available here on this forum (the one posted on the thread above) or found elsewhere, results are the same, either reboot loop, or stuck on the above lines. Tried many versions of macOS including Sierra, High Sierra and El Capitan. Read thru the booting OS X installer on laptop guide, had the VBOXHFS replaced with Apple HFS, added APFS to High Sierra, used another Mac to install a clean High Sierra on a clean SSD and attempted to boot from the X240 results in the reboot loop as well. Running out of ideas here.

Laptop Spec:
Intel Core i5 4300U (Haswell)
Intel HD 4200
8GB RAM
1366x768 display

BIOS Setting
Anti Theft, TPM, Secure Boot and anything security related disabled
CSM Enable (UEFI only) or Legacy + UEFI Mode = Reboot loop
CSM Disabled with UEFI only = Stuck at the ++++
Intel Virtualization (Enable and Disable no effects)

Last edited:
Same issue here, I followed this guide exactly https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-lenovo-thinkpad-x240.245583/ still no boot after Clover, same as poster above. I noticed if i set BIOS to UEFI and disable CSM, it will boot but freeze at
"OsxAptioFixDrv: Starting overrides for: \system\library\coreservices\boot.efi" Using reloc block: yes, hibernate wake: no" +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I tried many versions of OSXAptioFixDrv including the one with the 2000 in it, OSXAptioFix2Drv, and many others to no available. I also tried using known-good config.plist that were available here on this forum (the one posted on the thread above) or found elsewhere, results are the same, either reboot loop, or stuck on the above lines. Tried many versions of macOS including Sierra, High Sierra and El Capitan. Read thru the booting OS X installer on laptop guide, had the VBOXHFS replaced with Apple HFS, added APFS to High Sierra, used another Mac to install a clean High Sierra on a clean SSD and attempted to boot from the X240 results in the reboot loop as well. Running out of ideas here.

Laptop Spec:
Intel Core i5 4300U (Haswell)
Intel HD 4200
8GB RAM
1366x768 display

BIOS Setting
Anti Theft, TPM, Secure Boot and anything security related disabled
CSM Enable (UEFI only) or Legacy + UEFI Mode = Reboot loop
CSM Disabled with UEFI only = Stuck at the ++++
Intel Virtualization (Enable and Disable no effects)

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Well, first of all, is this totally necessary? As i have mentioned the entire clover folder was basically copy pasted from the thread I posted above, second, screenshot for Verbose boot. Theres literally 3 lines as posted above (and even by the above poster). Nothing else. 3rd, correct me if I'm wrong, no i cannot run gen_debug.sh as the X240 doesn't even boot into the installer let alone install, unless theres some magical way it could run from clover.

This issue is exactly the same as the ones above me. I'm sure they all followed the same guide here on this forum, even the clover config.plist, the SSDT Hot Patch and the Kexts is taken directly from that thread so there shouldn't be any modifications that needed to be made unless there is a specific BIOS needed or a specific type of RAM needed to be install (I say this because a poster having the same issue on OSXLatxxxxx Forum manage to solve it by simply putting the RAM from DIMM B to DIMM A) but X240 only has 1 slot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back