Contribute
Register

ThinkPad X230 - minor sleep issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you guys put the 2 lines that should be added on a context, if it is before or after the bracket ({)

Thanks

Can you guys put the 2 lines that should be added on a context, if it is before or after the bracket ({)

Thanks

It would be after so it goes into the body of the method.

Placing code prior to the open bracket results in an error.

Thanks Rehabman i have followed all the stickies and 99% of the time the answers were there, this is my first try at OSX and i got my X230 running pretty smooth with sound using applehda vanilla patched with clover and hdmi-audio, those seemed the hardest parts since you do not make those guides :)

Forged, are your backlight keys working out of the box (FN+F8-F9)?

No, the backlight keys are handled through ACPI and so they need a DSDT patch to work, along with a compatible PS2 kext.

I was using RehabMan's VoodooPS2Controller.

I've put together a neat little patch for MaciASL that should get this working, assuming you're using the same PS2 kext.
Code:
[FONT=Helvetica]into method label _Q14 code_regex () replace_matched begin[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]//Fn-F9: Brightness up\n[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]Notify(KBD, 0x0206)\n[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]Notify(KBD, 0x0286)\n				[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]end;[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]into method label _Q15 code_regex () replace_matched begin[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]//Fn-F8: Brightness down\n[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]Notify(KBD, 0x0205)\n[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]Notify(KBD, 0x0285)\n				[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica]end;[/FONT]
Should be applied to your main DSDT. See how it goes :)

Woow very nice! Indeed i was using RehabMan's VoodooPS2Controller and it worked at the first try! Thanks!

Is there a guide coming? Maybe i am missing some of your tricks! :)

Good to know it helped you :)

As of now, no, I don't plan on making a guide, I don't have a lot of time and there doesn't seem to be huge interest in this laptop.

If there's anything you're having trouble with though, let me know and I might be able to give you a hand.

Hi ffwd,

Would you please explain how you got the applehda working with HDMI sound? I currently have a patched applehda with only speakers/headphones working.

Would you share your Applehda so I can give it a try please?:?:

@ffwd,

Another simple trick that I learned a while ago for the touchpad:

1) Go to Systems Preferences, then Keyboard > Shortcuts > Mission Control and you can assign 3 finger gestures this way.

Just thought about sharing it for the community.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back