Contribute
Register

ThinkPad X230 - minor sleep issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just added SSDT-4 to SortedOrder. Exactly the same as before.

If you want me to check anything, post updated files. But you should probably start experimenting with the LED method.

Update: now the sleep LED on the outside of the lid turns off upon wake! I did this by calling EC.LED at the start of _WAK.
This is really exciting for me, as I'm finally beginning to understand ASL and ACPI so I can do things :)
Hopefully soon I'll be able to fix the pulsing power LED as well.

Update: now the sleep LED on the outside of the lid turns off upon wake! I did this by calling EC.LED at the start of _WAK.
This is really exciting for me, as I'm finally beginning to understand ASL and ACPI so I can do things :)
Hopefully soon I'll be able to fix the pulsing power LED as well.

Cool...

Got it.
Just needed to add the following at the beginning of _WAK:
Code:
\_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.LED (0x07, 0x00)
\_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.LED (0x00, 0x80)
Seems a little hacky and dodgy, but it works. My problem is solved.

Thank you so much RehabMan for pointing me in the right direction.

Got it.
Just needed to add the following at the beginning of _WAK:
Code:
\_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.LED (0x07, 0x00)
\_SB.PCI0.LPC.EC.LED (0x00, 0x80)
Seems a little hacky and dodgy, but it works. My problem is solved.

Thank you so much RehabMan for pointing me in the right direction.

Did having correct ACPI patched set help with the second problem listed in post #1?

No, it didn't; I still need to press a key to get the screen to turn on after lid open.
It's not a huge issue, I think I'll just live with it until I figure out a solution on my own. The sleep/power LEDs were annoying me a lot more.

No, it didn't; I still need to press a key to get the screen to turn on after lid open.
It's not a huge issue, I think I'll just live with it until I figure out a solution on my own. The sleep/power LEDs were annoying me a lot more.

OK. I won't mark it as solved then.

Hi Forged,

Just wanted to say THANK YOU!!!! Your DSDT modification worked GREAT on my X230 tablet.:headbang::thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back