Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello all,

Having some minor issues with sleep on a ThinkPad X230. This is also an issue with the X220 as far as I'm aware.

• The sleep LED stays on after wake.
  • When waking via the lid, there is a delay of several seconds before the screen powers on / the system becomes responsive. This does not happen when sleeping via the system menu and waking via the power button.
I've attached the original DSDT, disassembled with iasl, as well as my patched DSDT. It'd be great if anyone could take a look.

View attachment DSDT_files.zip

Hello all,

Having some minor issues with sleep on a ThinkPad X230. This is also an issue with the X220 as far as I'm aware.

• The sleep LED stays on after wake.
  • When waking via the lid, there is a delay of several seconds before the screen powers on / the system becomes responsive. This does not happen when sleeping via the system menu and waking via the power button.
I've attached the original DSDT, disassembled with iasl, as well as my patched DSDT. It'd be great if anyone could take a look.

View attachment 139585

Use ACPIDebug.kext to determine if _PTS and especially _WAK are executing beginning to end.

See here: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Debug

There is a patch in the ACPIDebug MaciASL repo specifically for instrumenting those methods "Instrument _WAK/_PTS"

Similarly, you might want to instrument EC query methods.

Alright, I'd had a quick look at the patches before but didn't apply them and test properly.

Just did it and tested sleep and wake. _PTS appears to be executing from start to finish. _WAK also appears to be doing so, but appears twice.

"_PTS enter" appears in the log before sleep, and "_PTS exit" appears immediately after, but marked at the time of the computer waking... Not sure what's going on here.

I've attached a screenshot of the log.
Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 11.40.48 am.png

Alright, I'd had a quick look at the patches before but didn't apply them and test properly.

Just did it and tested sleep and wake. _PTS appears to be executing from start to finish. _WAK also appears to be doing so, but appears twice.

"_PTS enter" appears in the log before sleep, and "_PTS exit" appears immediately after, but marked at the time of the computer waking... Not sure what's going on here.

I've attached a screenshot of the log.
View attachment 139586

It is normal. Since logs are not discovered until later by ACPIDebug.kext, the logs can be shown as happening after sleep, even though they happened before.

You should check your EC queries too.

Also, make sure you included all your OEM SSDTs in your patched set.

Yep, I installed the EC instrument patch, but it doesn't seem to be putting anything into the console apart from ACPI keyboard keys (brightness etc.)

Also, make sure you included all your OEM SSDTs in your patched set.
Not quite sure what you meant by this, sorry.

Yep, I installed the EC instrument patch, but it doesn't seem to be putting anything into the console apart from ACPI keyboard keys (brightness etc.)

Not quite sure what you meant by this, sorry.

Also instrument GPE methods.

Instead of dropping CPU related SSDTs, keep them, patching if necessary.

After applying the GPE instrument patch, not much changed in the log.
_LID looks to be being called lots of times, not sure if this is normal:
Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 3.14.00 pm.png
Here's what I'm dropping in Clover config:
Screen Shot 2015-06-02 at 2.53.40 pm.png
Is there anything wrong with this?
Thanks

After applying the GPE instrument patch, not much changed in the log.
_LID looks to be being called lots of times, not sure if this is normal:
View attachment 139599
Here's what I'm dropping in Clover config:
View attachment 139600
Is there anything wrong with this?
Thanks

Go through the ACPI patching guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-support/152573-guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.html

But don't drop any SSDTs (well, PTID can be dropped if you have it). Try to keep all of them.

Don't apply the "Fix PNOT" patch to DSDT (it is not needed if you keep all SSDTs).

If that doesn't help, check into the LED method in your DSDT. Maybe it has something to do with the power LED (and you can perhaps call it during _WAK to get the power LED out of sleep mode).

Screen Shot 2015-06-03 at 11.14.00 am.png
Alright, so I'm now keeping all the OEM SSDTs. I didn't have the TNOT fix before and it worked fine. Still working the same as before...

Is it possible to control the LED directly from the EC methods in the DSDT? Still seems strange; there must be a reason behind it.

I've attached the newly patched DSDT and SSDT:
View attachment patched.zip

View attachment 139682
Alright, so I'm now keeping all the OEM SSDTs. I didn't have the TNOT fix before and it worked fine. Still working the same as before...

Is it possible to control the LED directly from the EC methods in the DSDT? Still seems strange; there must be a reason behind it.

I've attached the newly patched DSDT and SSDT:
View attachment 139687

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back