Contribute
Register

Thinkpad X220 with Azurewave AW-CE123h Wifi+BT

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. Installed the kexts mentioned into S/L/E
  2. Removed McDonnell’s Bluetooth injector kext.
  3. My card shows up under DPCImanager
  4. Applied the kext patches necessary in Clover
After I do this, I get a kernel panic upon boot. I can get around it by loading up a backup config in Clover, but I’m just not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I’ve been reading through this thread and the guide quite a bit. I must admit I’m a bit of a novice when it comes to this stuff but I’ve learned a lot. I’m hitting a brick wall.

1. Installed the kexts mentioned into S/L/E
  2. Removed McDonnell’s Bluetooth injector kext.
  3. My card shows up under DPCImanager
  4. Applied the kext patches necessary in Clover
After I do this, I get a kernel panic upon boot. I can get around it by loading up a backup config in Clover, but I’m just not sure what I’m doing wrong.
View attachment 267978

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Updated
IMG_0069.JPG

Attachments

• CLOVER copy.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Thank you. Here's what I have. I had pressed F4 in Clover but nothing seemed to happen (visually) so I hope that it did what it needed.

I'll also add that doing what I had done seems to have broken brightness control as well. I know that's a completely separate topic, but it was working upon installation of macOS.

You previously said you couldn't boot due to panic.
Yet you provide ioreg here, which implies you can boot.
What is the issue?
"Problem Reporting" files must reflect the problem scenario, not some other scenario.

N/a

Last edited:
I booted Clover from the install stick I used to install macOS. With the config file on my hard disk's EFI partition, I get a kernel panic with how I have it set. Like I mentioned, I can get around the issue using a backup config file, but the card isn't recognized of course. Figured this was the best way to provide files.

Must provide photo of the panic.
And the EFI/Clover that produces it.
As requested in the FAQ, "Problem Reporting".

Removed the erroneous files and attached a photo. The copy of the Clover folder I provided is the one on the machine itself, not the USB drive.

Your problem is caused by one or more of the settings you have in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes.
Disable all of them.
See guide for better "starter" config.plist files (yours is a mess).
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, for future... your "Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Must provide Clover F4 extract (don't delete ACPI/origin).
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Your problem is caused by one or more of the settings you have in config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes.

Disabled all of those fixes. The system boots up fine, WiFi does work. However, Bluetooth does not.

I've done some reading about USB issues since 10.11; admittedly, I'm not well versed and I'm not sure if that's even where I should be headed.

Regardless, if I should go ahead and upload problem reporting files, please let me know. Or if there should be a particular avenue I should pursue to troubleshoot it, I would appreciate your guidance. Thank you.

Disabled all of those fixes. The system boots up fine, WiFi does work. However, Bluetooth does not.

I've done some reading about USB issues since 10.11; admittedly, I'm not well versed and I'm not sure if that's even where I should be headed.

Regardless, if I should go ahead and upload problem reporting files, please let me know. Or if there should be a particular avenue I should pursue to troubleshoot it, I would appreciate your guidance. Thank you.

Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back