Contribute
Register

Thinkpad X220 with Azurewave AW-CE123h Wifi+BT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bug report:
I tried BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, works well but shutdown, system always to reboot.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

--

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

Mobo: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
Mobo: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Note: When specifying your bootloader, if using Clover legacy, please be sure to specify "Clover legacy"). Specifying "Clover" will be assumed as "Clover UEFI"

I would not mix any BT patch with Broadcom_bluetooth.kext. Either don't do any BT patch and use only the broadcom_bluetooth.kext or remove broadcom_bluetooth.kext and use the BT patches as defined in the airport v2 thread.

Good luck
I got some issues:
1. When install the new wifi card, there is no more BT device could be found both in mac and windows. After searching, disabled pin 51 with scotch tape then BT recovered.
2. I tried BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, works well but shutdown, system always to reboot. I return to use Broadcom_Bluetooth.kext, the problem solved.
3. Airdrop works well, both side on sending pictures is OK with iphone and this Hackintosh. But handoff seems still not work. If I don't install IOBluetoothFamily the Handoff patch in Clover, the status fo handoff and hotspot shows no in bluetooth under sys info and no option to enable handoff in General under System Preferences. Aslo I tried Continuity Activation Tool, it said that the whitelist need to be patched with your board-id, but still not work.

What should I do to make handoff working? I cloned the real OSX ID's in Clover from my MBA (Mid 2011) to make FT and IM works. And it shows MBA (Mid 2011) in about summary under sys info but in hardward under sys info the Mac Model still shows MBP (MacBookPro8,1). Does this make the conflict?
Why I didn't fill the Mac Model info in Clover, if so, that makes the appstore push some efi update with the specified model and it could not be updated successful.

2. I tried BrcmPatchRAM2.kext, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext, works well but shutdown, system always to reboot. I return to use Broadcom_Bluetooth.kext, the problem solved.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Code:

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Code:

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Code:

Code:

Because the shundown issue is solved by using Broadcom_Bluetooth.kext which is part of the mcdonnelltech kext package.
So in what system environment to do these above? With "BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext" installed or Broadcom_Bluetooth.kext?

And now the key problem is handoff doesn't work so far. Could you give me some help?

Thanks,

So in what system environment to do these above? With "BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext" installed or Broadcom_Bluetooth.kext?

Without Broadcom_Bluetooth.kext (I have no idea what that is). With BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext.

And now the key problem is handoff doesn't work so far. Could you give me some help?

Handoff not expected to work without proper firmware loaded and the handoff patch for IOBluetooth in config.plist.
Also need correct 5ghz patch for your region/networking hardware.

It is unlikely Broadcom_Bluetooth.kext has a firmware loader.

Without Broadcom_Bluetooth.kext (I have no idea what that is). With BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext.

Handoff not expected to work without proper firmware loaded and the handoff patch for IOBluetooth in config.plist.

I removed "Broadcom_Bluetooth.kext"(attached) and install "BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext"(0705). After rebooting shutdown issue appeared again.

Thanks,

Last edited:

With "Broadcom_Bluetooth.kext" installed and "BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext"(0705) removed the shutdown issue sovled.

Last edited:
I removed "Broadcom_Bluetooth.kext"(attached) and install "BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext"(0705). After rebooting shutdown issue appeared again.

Following the output:

Code:
Last login: Sat Jul  9 17:51:45 on console
James-MacBook-Pro:~ James$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    2 0xffffff7f82dc1000 0x66000    0x66000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (4.0) A29C7512-D3A8-3AED-9721-3A5FF1A32EB2 <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
James-MacBook-Pro:~ James$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
   23    0 0xffffff7f82c6a000 0x2b000    0x2b000    com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (218.0.0) E90482A0-CDAF-300A-BF4E-75247E5FD0F5 <7 6 5 4 3 1>
   30    0 0xffffff7f82c65000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient (218.0.0) 99C8A694-575D-32C8-B319-1BB8F5518D97 <7 6 5 4 3 1>
James-MacBook-Pro:~ James$ kextstat|grep -y applelpc
   80    0 0xffffff7f82aed000 0x3000     0x3000     com.apple.driver.AppleLPC (3.1) 32BDCF9F-0473-32D4-9DAE-F523EFB2D244 <79 12 5 4 3>
James-MacBook-Pro:~ James$ kextstat|grep -y applehda
   94    1 0xffffff7f811f4000 0x1e000    0x1e000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDAController (274.9) BAE4F922-DD74-3447-A5C1-BFC33B8C0A3E <93 92 72 12 7 6 5 4 3 1>
  114    0 0xffffff7f8137f000 0xb3000    0xb3000    com.apple.driver.AppleHDA (999.99) 75610131-FB46-3A0E-B758-14CEBEAF94AE <113 94 93 92 74 72 12 11 6 5 4 3 1>

Code:
James-MacBook-Pro:~ James$  sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
Password:
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Trackpad.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Mouse.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Keyboard.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext VoodooPS2Controller.kext
kext file:///Library/Extensions/IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext/ is in hash exception list, allowing to load
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelMausiEthernet.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext IntelBacklight.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext GenericUSBXHCI.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext CPUSensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPISensors.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakeSMC.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext FakePCIID.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67030 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA2A for kext AppleHDA_20672.kext
kext-dev-mode allowing invalid signature -67062 0xFFFFFFFFFFFEFA0A for kext ACPIBatteryManager.kext
AppleDataSetManagement.kext - dependency for com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage lacks valid OSBundleCompatibleVersion.
AppleDataSetManagement.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
AppleDataSetManagement.kext - dependency for com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage lacks valid OSBundleCompatibleVersion.
James-MacBook-Pro:~ James$

Thanks,

Code:

Code:

Following the output with "Broadcom_Bluetooth.kext" installed and "BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext"(0705) removed.

No need for Broadcom_Bluetooth.kext. It doesn't do anything useful (it is a rollback).

Code:

Code:

Attached ioreg.

Thanks,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back