Graphics
HD 520
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
The installer runs into a kernel panic whenever the graphics are about to be displayed. I had a hard time reading the kexts involved due to excess text pushing that piece of information away, as well as the instant reboot. But I did manage to record the happening and extract a somewhat readable frame (see image). From what I can tell, it seems that the skylake graphics kext is involved. Here's what I've tried:
  • Lilu + IntelGraphicsFixup
  • Starting from scratch with rehabman's laptop config for HD520
  • MacbookPro13,1 & MacbookAir7,2 SMBIOS
  • Firmware Features: 0xe907f537 & Firmware Features Mask: 0xff1fff3f
  • With & Without IntelBacklight
  • With & Without apfs.efi
All result in the same issue

Clover version is the latest as of posting, 4128. Clover folder included.

Attachments

• IMG_0725.PNG
    IMG_0725.PNG
    2.7 MB · Views: 364
  • CLOVER.zip
    5.3 MB · Views: 217
The installer runs into a kernel panic whenever the graphics are about to be displayed. I had a hard time reading the kexts involved due to excess text pushing that piece of information away, as well as the instant reboot. But I did manage to record the happening and extract a somewhat readable frame (see image). From what I can tell, it seems that the skylake graphics kext is involved. Here's what I've tried:
  • Lilu + IntelGraphicsFixup
  • Starting from scratch with rehabman's laptop config for HD520
  • MacbookPro13,1 & MacbookAir7,2 SMBIOS
  • Firmware Features: 0xe907f537 & Firmware Features Mask: 0xff1fff3f
  • With & Without IntelBacklight
  • With & Without apfs.efi
All result in the same issue

Clover version is the latest as of posting, 4128. Clover folder included.

Probably a DVMT-prealloc problem (it is probably not 64mb+).
Either set DVMT-prealloc to 64mb (or larger), or follow the instructions in the guide regarding DVMT-prealloc:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Hint: you need to use an invalid ig-platform-id until post install.

Setting an invalid ig-platform-id did allow me to install and boot into the system. However, the issue persists even after installation.

I had DVMT-prealloc set to 512MB until now, and I tried switching it to 256MB (those are the only options I have), and instead of a kernel panic the system just hanged, see image.

Attachments

• IMG_0729.JPG
    IMG_0729.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 241
I had DVMT-prealloc set to 512MB until now, and I tried switching it to 256MB (those are the only options I have),

That is not DVMT-prealloc.
You're setting a different option (likely DVMT-size).

My bad, I apologise. BIOS says "Total Graphics Memory" and I thought that that meant DVMT-prealloc. In that case I have no way to change DVMT-prealloc from BIOS (that I am aware of).

My bad, I apologise. BIOS says "Total Graphics Memory" and I thought that that meant DVMT-prealloc. In that case I have no way to change DVMT-prealloc from BIOS (that I am aware of).

Then you must patch the framebuffer to match the DVMT-prealloc setting (likely 32mb).

Then you must patch the framebuffer to match the DVMT-prealloc setting (likely 32mb).
Which is what I've been doing for El Capitan and Sierra, either with clover patches or Lilu+IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup, but they don't seem to be loading. I even tried manually installing Lilu and IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup to S/L/E, but again, no luck. Are there any new patches for High Sierra I am missing?

Which is what I've been doing for El Capitan and Sierra, either with clover patches or Lilu+IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup, but they don't seem to be loading. I even tried manually installing Lilu and IntelGraphicsDVMTFixup to S/L/E, but again, no luck. Are there any new patches for High Sierra I am missing?

Keep in mind you must use the latest Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsDMVTFixup.kext (may need to build from source... that's what I always do, so I don't really track the "official" releases).

Also, beta macOS requires -lilubeta and -igdvmtbeta kernel flags.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back