Graphics
HD 5500
I just finished installing 10.12. I just

Thinkpad Carbon X1 (3rd Gen)
X1 Carbon Specs:
CPU: Intel Core I7-5600U
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 5500 @ 2560x1440

Intro:
This guide is for the 2015 (3rd generation) X1 Carbon. More specifically, it is for the 20BS model with the I7-5600U processor and WQHD (2560x1440, touch) display.

STEP:
1. Set BIOS as the guide. (Note: My bios version is 1.16. I didn't change DVMT since my screen is WQHD and the bios does not have 96M option. )
2. Install 10.12. You can use the attached Clover but change the config.plist with a wrong ig-platform-id.
3. Use the attached EFI file to boot the system.
4. If the screen is black after apple logo, press Ctrl+Shift+insert to power off the screen. Then press any other key, the screen would come back.

It seems like Sierra works quite stable in my machine. Backlight/sleep/QECI all work well.

Not works:
1. Intel Wifi, I brought a BCM94360CS2 and will test if it works.
2. Screen would be black before Step 4.
3. I installed a WWAN card, N5321GW. By changing Cellphonehelp.kext, it was recognized. But cannot connected to internet.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7.8 MB · Views: 586
BCM94360CS2 won't work in windows either. I guess all wifi cards with bcm4360 won't work on Thinkpads with 5th processors.
Thus I order another BCM943602CS since I heard BCM943602BAED worked on X250.
I also flash the BIOS with advanced menu unlocked by CH341A. I will write the procedures later.
Here's the patched 1.16 rom.

Attachments

• LENOVO-N14ET38W(1.16)_Advanced menu unlocked.rom.zip
    3 MB · Views: 219
Have you tried HiDPI?

Hey,
First of all thanks a lot for uploading your config. I was having trouble getting to the installer for a long while.
I have the gen 3 carbon with the i5-5200 w/o the touch display (20BSCTO1WW).

I tried using your patched files but am running into some problems. The battery wont show stats and audio doesnt show up. I found the guide for dumping and patching DSDT SSDT but
Can you point me in the direction of the patches you used? Since there arent device specific patches I dont quite know what to do.

This isnt my first hackintosh but I havent had much luck with my laptop. Desktop was alot easier for me.

Hey,
First of all thanks a lot for uploading your config. I was having trouble getting to the installer for a long while.

I tried using your patched files but am running into some problems. The battery wont show stats and audio doesnt show up. I found the guide for dumping and patching DSDT SSDT but
Can you point me in the direction of the patches you used? Since there arent device specific patches I dont quite know what to do.

This isnt my first hackintosh but I havent had much luck with my laptop. Desktop was alot easier for me.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Hey,

you might need x220 bat patch to you dsdt

I've got this generation of X1 Carbon as and I've managed to get to the installer but after initial setup, I can't seem to get to the desktop. Seems to hang on a black screen. I'll give your EFI a try later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back