Contribute
Register

ThinkPad W550s -- Still Working -- Some Hints -- Need Your Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
What setup_var address value did you use? I am unable to extract the actual BIOS update file from the Lenovo pre-packaged BIOS installer.

I'd say sorry that I didn't set that value in BIOS. In fact, I tried but failed. You do not need to inject intel video card when you install OS X. After the first time you boot OS X, you can inject now.

I'd say sorry that I didn't set that value in BIOS. In fact, I tried but failed. You do not need to inject intel video card when you install OS X. After the first time you boot OS X, you can inject now.

Hmm, then I must be doing something else wrong. I am getting a kernel panic on startup citing AppleIntelBDWFrameworkBuffer, but already have the patch in clover for that kext, plus injecting 0x16160002. This same config.plist works fine on my Dell 7348 with an HD 5500 (different CPU though, and I could configure the DVMT on that laptop).

Can you post your config.plist, or better yet, your entire EFI folder?

I also attached my config.plist. Thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    17 KB · Views: 120
Hmm, then I must be doing something else wrong. I am getting a kernel panic on startup citing AppleIntelBDWFrameworkBuffer, but already have the patch in clover for that kext, plus injecting 0x16160002. This same config.plist works fine on my Dell 7348 with an HD 5500 (different CPU though, and I could configure the DVMT on that laptop).

Can you post your config.plist, or better yet, your entire EFI folder?

Alright. I didn't say clearly. Let's see what we have in config.plist.

Stage: pre-install OS X

Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>ig-platform-id</key>
        <string>0x16260006</string>
    </dict>

Stage: Post-install OS X
Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <true/>
        </dict>
        <key>ig-platform-id</key>
        <string>0x16260006</string>
    </dict>

Code:
<key>KextsToPatch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Disable minStolenSize less or equal fStolenMemorySize assertion, 10.11.beta ( (based on Austere.J patch)</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>QTnEdj4=</data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>QTnE6z4=</data>
            </dict>
        </array>

Also, you can find them in my config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.2 KB · Views: 231

I didn't check your config.plist, but from its size, it seems you have too many unnecessary things in it

Thanks for your config! I will take another look. I had those HD5500 patches already, but I did not realize I had so many Arbitrary devices being injected, which may have fouled things up.

I found only one mention of DVMT in the BIOS for this laptop, which was in PlatformHiiAdvancedDxe (not Setup as indicated in the HD5500 guide) with a setup_var of 0x37 and the ability to set 32MB, 64MB, or 128MB. (0x1, 0x2, 0x4 respectively).

However, when I boot into the efi shell and type "setup_var 0x37" and one of the options, it does not seem to do anything.

Is that the same variable that you found? I am able to boot my current configuration (which is set to 128MB according to Windows 10) and the binpatch, but just curious.

Last edited:
I am able to boot my current configuration (which is set to 128MB according to Windows 10) and the binpatch, but just curious.

Keep in mind what you see in Windows is not reliable...

RehabMan;1045259 said:
IMPORTANT!: Contrary to many of the guides you will read, Windows is NOT a valid way to determine what DVMT-prealloc is set to. There is no correlation, especially with Windows 10.

Hi,phantomge.
Can you share your ThinkPad W550s 's Clover file,please send me email for [email protected].
Thank u !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back