Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
ThinkPad W550s -- Some Hints -- And Need Your Help

#11-10-2015-Update to OS X 10.11
When update to OS X 10.11, you still need to modify your AppleIntelBDWFrameworkBuffer.kext, the difference is this time you need to change from 4139c4763e to 4139c4eb3e

#6-27-2015-Audio Card ALC292(ALC3232)
Here is the AppleHDA.kext for alc292(3232) with layout-id 1
View attachment ThinkPadW550s_AppleHDA.zip

You can also try jcsnider's voodooHDA.kext for X1 Carbon
, it works pretty well.
View attachment VoodooHDA_X1Carbon.kext.zip

#4-30-2015-Backlight
Use the kext here View attachment ACPIBacklight.kext.zip
Use the patch "[igpu] Brightness Fix (Haswell)" in RehabMan's repository.
Use the patch provided by jcsnider below:

into method label _Q15 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Down\n
Notify(KBD, 0x0205)\n
Notify(KBD, 0x0285)\n
end;
into method label _Q14 replace_content
begin
// Brightness Up\n
Notify(KBD, 0x0206)\n
Notify(KBD, 0x0286)\n
end;

#4-29-2015-Battery status
With RehabMan's help, I've finished the battery status patch. Here is my patch and later you'll find it in RehabMan's repository. If your battery status always shows 0%, please patch battery 0% status patch.

View attachment ThinkPad_W550s_battery.txt

#4-29-2015-TouchPad(Three Fingers)
It works after using RehabMan's kext from this site http://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-Voodoo-PS2-Controller. Then set it in SysPref -> Keyboard ->Shortcut. Remember swipe your fingers instead of pressing keys.
#4-29-2015-SSDT
Successful adding X86PlatformPlugin in CPU0!
Generate SSDT using ssdtPRGen modified by Austere.J from his personal websitehttp://www.firewolf.science(I think it's his. :( If I made a mistake, please let me know)
You can also try mine but it's better do it yourself.
View attachment SSDT.aml

#4-28-2015
ThinkPad W550s users can read this thread and hope you guys can share your ideas to make w550s more perfect.

Step 0: Preparation
At the beginning we should follow Austere.J's guide for HD 5500 from this site http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...hd-graphics-5500-os-x-yosemite-10-10-3-a.html. Maybe after you try to modify DVMT pre-allocated memory, you'll not see the result as you want, but don't worry, just do the next step (make sure you didn't make a mistake).

Personal Guess About Step 0:
To my W550s, I cannot use the official Intel Graphics driver from Intel, I could only use the driver provided from ThinkPad. So, what I want to say is, I did change the DVMT pre-allocated memory, but it will not show in windows.

Step 1: Install Yosemite
When create clover USB, I installed all the drivers64UEFI except the one begin with CSM, because sometimes it may cause black screen. And remember to use jscsnider's pre-install-Clover-edits from this site http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-laptop-guides/162391-guide-2015-x1-carbon-yosemite.html.
Now it's time to reboot to set your Mac OS X. In this step, some of you may find your laptop trapped in a loop of reboot, watch carefully, see whether the log shows "......AppleIntelBDWBufferFramewok time out", if so, follow the step 2.1 in Austere.J's guide to patch the hex file.

Step 2: Test your laptop
This test is mainly for "freeze". The solution has been given in Austere.J's guide. Just change the DVMT pre-allocated memory back to 32m.(NO matter which value in your windows, you should try this). Then just test again. If still freeze, try to reboot from windows.... If you are not lucky, I have no idea.

NO STEP NEXT!!!!
No DSDT&SSDT used now.

Working :
----lan
----enable QE/CI
----Bluetooth(original support)
----camera
----backlight
----touchpad(three finger enabled)
----battery status
----ALC292(ALC3232)

Not Working :
----wifi
----sleep mode
----disable discrete card(tried but faile)
----HDMI(no device to test)
----Mini Display Port(no device to test)

Thanks!
Thanks to RehabMan for his teaching and his Contribution!
---With his help, I learned a lot that I ever learned before.

Thanks for jcsnider's config.plist for ThinkPad X1 Carbon and his voodoohda.kext!
---With his config.plist, I successfully installed Mac OS X and his audio driver really helps me for a long time.

Thanks to Austere.J for his work on HD 5500.
---His guide really help me solve the graphic issue.

Thanks to H.Nguyen DINH & T.Cuong DO - the current creator of Hackintosh Vietnam Tool.

Glad you got it working.

You have a long way to go, first hint would be to try the VoodooHDA kext I posted in my X1 Carbon Guide thread. It has a few modifications to make it work with 2-in-1 headphone/mic jack.

Best of luck fixing all of the issues, one step at a time and trial/error is the way to go.

Glad you got it working.

You have a long way to go, first hint would be to try the VoodooHDA kext I posted in my X1 Carbon Guide thread. It has a few modifications to make it work with 2-in-1 headphone/mic jack.

Best of luck fixing all of the issues, one step at a time and trial/error is the way to go.

Thanks. Your kext really works. And I will learn to patch AppleHDA later.:thumbup:

You figure that part out, post it back in the X1 Carbon Thread and I will give it a try, it should be compatible or very close.

If you have an Intel Wifi Card then Wifi will never work... I bought a Belkin N150 Compact USB Adapter and it works great, you can try to replace the built in card but I opted not to try.

It's really surprising that your touchpad doesn't work. Are you using one of the latest VoodooPS2 kexts? It should be a basic synaptic touchpad like most Thinkpads have.

Everything else on your list can be fixed using Rehabmans various guides in this section.

You figure that part out, post it back in the X1 Carbon Thread and I will give it a try, it should be compatible or very close.

If you have an Intel Wifi Card then Wifi will never work... I bought a Belkin N150 Compact USB Adapter and it works great, you can try to replace the built in card but I opted not to try.

It's really surprising that your touchpad doesn't work. Are you using one of the latest VoodooPS2 kexts? It should be a basic synaptic touchpad like most Thinkpads have.

Everything else on your list can be fixed using Rehabmans various guides in this section.

Ok, but I'm not working on this part now.

Yes, I know. I will replace the built in card.

Em. Sorry, I mean, the multitouch only works with two finger and I am not using the latest VoodooPS2 kext, where can I find it?

Yes, I am learning how to patch battery now. I think I can make it in few days.
Your battery patch is not suitable for mine since my laptop has a built in battery and a external battery.

I followed the guide. It still only work with two fingers. :(

Three finger must be configured in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts. Do the swipe instead of pressing keys.

Three finger must be configured in SysPrefs->Keyboard->Shortcuts. Do the swipe instead of pressing keys.

Amazing! It really works! Thanks!

Morning RehabMan, Do you have any idea about Audio Output? I don't want to use VoodooHDA. Could I only patch DSDT&AppleHDA without LeagacyHDA ? Where can I find the guide about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back