Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
LENOVO 20BG001KGE
CPU
Intel Core i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 4600 (Lenovo) 2047MB NVIDIA Quadro K1100M
I am just wondering if anyone tried Big Sur on the ThinkPad W540 Intel Core i7 4700MQ @ 2.40GHz. What is working and what is not working?
Thanks!
Zam

I Also need Opencore EFI for ThinkPad W540, I just need basic things to work, I'm a beginner i tried same CPU (4800MQ) EFIs but no success,

I Also need Opencore EFI for ThinkPad W540, I just need basic things to work, I'm a beginner i tried same CPU (4800MQ) EFIs but no success,
please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier

please read the faq for proper hardware profile setup:

create your own EFI:

Lenovo ThinkPad w540,
Intel Core i7-4800MQ
Intel HD 4600/Nvidia Quadro K1100M (Don't Need Nvidia to work Anyways)
8Gb Ram
256Gb SSD.
Can Anyone share opencore EFI ?

Lenovo ThinkPad w540,
Intel Core i7-4800MQ
Intel HD 4600/Nvidia Quadro K1100M (Don't Need Nvidia to work Anyways)
8Gb Ram
256Gb SSD.
Can Anyone share opencore EFI ?
the link above is a guide you can follow and use the template efi and and then make the amendments needed in post 2

the link above is a guide you can follow and use the template efi and and then make the amendments needed in post 2
Yes i understand that, there is a strong language barrier, so it's hard for me to understand, Moreover i am a very beginner so its seem pretty impossible to make it all on my own. i have tried relevant EFIs with same processor but the issue is nvidia, i dont seem to only "ENABLE" Intel and "DISABLE" Nvidia, else, EFIS are very matching on internet with almost same specifications.

Yes i understand that, there is a strong language barrier, so it's hard for me to understand, Moreover i am a very beginner so its seem pretty impossible to make it all on my own. i have tried relevant EFIs with same processor but the issue is nvidia, i dont seem to only "ENABLE" Intel and "DISABLE" Nvidia, else, EFIS are very matching on internet with almost same specifications.
only your intel graphics will work, you will need to disable your nvidia to save power

only your intel graphics will work, you will need to disable your nvidia to save power
There is no Bios option in My Thinkpad to disable nvidia, moreover clover and opencore parameters nvm disable arent working. well i will appreciate if you somehow share efi of some relevant specifications workstation.

And What Do you Think This HP Zbook EFI Will work with my thinkpad? it got the same generation motherboard and cpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back